Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Ned some help it my first setup  (Read 1428 times)

Offline Zimonr1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Ned some help it my first setup
« on: May 06, 2005, 04:14:52 PM »
Planning to buy my first set and I've been looking around in this forum for some help but I can't find any answare for some of my questions so.......

I'll mainly tape singer songwriter concerts and will do it with steelth

I'll buy SP-CMC-8 and wonder what is the best choose between phantom and batterybox.
I'm not shore if I will use a sharp or Sony HiMD. I know that the HiMD record without any loss in quality but the sharp it's possible to change inputlevel.
With the batterybox its possible to buy some extra functions like volume changer, bass switchers. Is it the same if I ran on phantom and do I really need the bass switchers

And my last question. How much bigger will my system be if i go with phantom and for how many shows will my battery last

Hope anyone undertand my poor swinglish and tht you are willing to help.

Offline itook2much

• Taperssection All-Star
  • AKA rspencer
    • my masters
Re: Ned some help it my first setup
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2005, 08:55:55 PM »
I'm sure you'll get plenty of advice to buy a JB3, so I'll be the different one (I use Hi-MD).
Buy Sony Hi-MD, not Sharp.  With Hi-MD, you CAN change the levels while recording (not true of the Sony MD).
Use a battery box.  Mic > batt box > Hi-MD, line-in.  Use Linear PCM, go to PC via USB into SonicStage3 which will output the .wav for you.

+t for joining the ranks of the tapers.  I've enjoyed the tapes of so many tapers, I felt I wanted to contribute myself.  There are a lot of good people here, and lots of good info.
DPA 4060 (CS HEB) > CS BB > Edirol R-09

Backups:  DPA 4060 (1/8"), SP-BMC-2, SP-SPSB-6, Sony MZ-NH1

Quote from: tomluvsgiants
rule #1 - get the show taped
rule #2 - see rule #1    >:D

Quote from: Grace Hopper
“If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It's much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.”

Offline Zimonr1

• Taperssection Newbie
Re: Ned some help it my first setup
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2005, 06:03:24 AM »
I know about the JB3 and may but one in a few month but for the moment I need a reel smal setup. Pllanning to put the MD in a SLR kamerahouse and modify the battbox so it fits inside a cellphone.
But I do have some problems with fnding a camera

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.041 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com