Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Arrrrrghhh! just when i thought i was good #$^%&  (Read 5745 times)

rabhan

• Trade Count: (0)
Arrrrrghhh! just when i thought i was good #$^%&
« on: July 22, 2003, 09:03:30 PM »
i thought i had wavelab working, then all of a sudden, it kept crashing on me. so i decide to uninstall it and reinstall it. well, in the process of rebooting, the system wouldnt come back. then i get some strange message that cmd is being deleted, wtf?!?!....time to rebuild the win2k partition, arrrrgghh!

Offline mirth

• Needs to get out more...
  • Les Hommes Savvent Pourquois
Re:Arrrrrghhh! just when i thought i was good #$^%&
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2003, 11:17:19 PM »
Yikes! You download a trojan somewhere along the way?
Governor Jim McGreevey was equally disturbed about the upcoming population increase. "New Jersey cannot support all of these wookies," he said. "For starters, we don't have nearly enough kindbud. At best, we can muster up a Q.P. of some beasties, but we've not a dime-bag more."

Offline mirth

• Les Hommes Savvent Pourquois
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2003, 11:17:47 PM »
OH hey - if you need 4.0g PM me.
Governor Jim McGreevey was equally disturbed about the upcoming population increase. "New Jersey cannot support all of these wookies," he said. "For starters, we don't have nearly enough kindbud. At best, we can muster up a Q.P. of some beasties, but we've not a dime-bag more."

rabhan

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2003, 11:44:07 PM »
well, i just got 2k rebuilt, but since xp is my second OS, i have to rebuild that also, you cant install xp and then 2k, so i ghosted 2k, then once i rebuild xp, i will ghost that too so i wont have these issues again, hopefully, big fucking hopefully. you aint gonna learn what you dont wanna know.....

Offline Simp-Dawg

• Bad Little Dawggie
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Daddy needs a drink!
    • Colorado Tapers
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2003, 12:13:33 AM »
hey jon, as long as you're doing that would you mind writing down what you're doing (as far as the ghosting is concerned) and send it to me?  i am still unfamiliar with ghost...please ;D
also...are you following the "order" of installation that is described in the 24bitfaq?  i always consult that basic order when i do mine, it is good advice.  www.24bitfaq.org
CO Crüe Benchwarmer

Playback: Denon DVD-2910 > Denon AVR-3806 > Segue Doghouse Speaker Cable > B&W DM-610i / Klipsch RW-10 Subwoofer

rabhan

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2003, 01:01:19 AM »
basically, this is what i have done......

start laptop with win98se startup diskettte

use fdisk to create 3 partitions

then boot from win2k startup diskette(there are 4 total)

then insert win2k cdr into laptop and install win2k pro on 6gig partition using fat32

then install all the drivers for the hardware on the machine

then install tweakui for system performance and enhancements

then install wavelab

then use the app ghost to create an image from the partition, this can be saved on another drive, to cd, or to another pc

then install winxp pro on the second partition of 10g

do whateva you want with it, install whateva apps, etc

make the third partition 12g for data, mostly for wav dump during recording process.

my machine has 28(30)gigs, so thats how i broke it up, you can do it anyway you want, jsut make sure you have enough room.

i am currently using windows update for xp, i dont plan to use it for 2k, bc it is pretty stable for just audio with sp1 on 2k. and i dont see the need to upgrade from IE5.0 bc i wont use it for inet anyways.

was that confusing?

i am next gonna try to ghost the xp part bc once you reinstall 2k, you have to reinstall xp:
http://microsoft.com/windows/multiboot.asp
"Install Latest OS Last
In general, you should install the most recent OS last—after you have installed all other operating systems on the target computer. In this case, you should install Windows 2000 and then install Windows XP."

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.072 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com