Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: DVD authoring software that does NOT re-encode  (Read 5528 times)

Offline absnj

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
DVD authoring software that does NOT re-encode
« on: June 08, 2010, 01:42:47 PM »
Can anyone suggest some simple DVD authoring software (PC not MAC) that will allow me to add menu/chapters without re-encoding the video?  No efeects for fancy editing is necessary.  The ability to delete small segments would be nice, but if that requires a re-encoding, it's not necessary.  Cheap is good, free is better.

Online guitard

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: DVD authoring software that does NOT re-encode
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 09:51:48 PM »
You don't want to make any changes to the video like deleting small segments using the DVD authoring program.  Some allow you to do that, but there are much easier ways of doing that sort of thing.

For editing mpeg videos, I recommend Womble MPEG Editor.  Easy to use with an uncomplicated user interface.

I like to use TMPGenc DVD Author for authoring DVDs.  It WILL usually default to render audio in .ac3 format.  To avoid that (for example - if you want to leave the audio as LPCM), you just have to go to the audio settings and set it to render as LPCM (it won't actually render it - but that's what the setting will indicate it will do).

TMPGenc DVD Author will not re-render the video if you don't want it to.
Mics: Schoeps MK41s & MK41Vs >:D
Pre-amps: BabyNbox & Platinum Nbox
Deck: Sony A10

Video: Canon HF G70 (4K), Sony FDR AX100 (4K), Pany ZS100 (4K)
Photo: Canon EOS 7D w/ Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L is III USM

A/V software: Sony Vegas Pro 18 (build 527) 64 bit / DVD Architect Pro 6.0 (build 237)

Offline waco100

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 08:48:11 AM »
What version of TMPGenc DVD Author can do this?

Offline sabre

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2011, 10:11:50 AM »
DVD Lab Pro is a great authoring tool and it does not re-encode video or audio. I use DVD Lab Pro 2.0 which does not offer any video editing features, but you shouldn't need any editing features once you're at the authoring stage.

It's an intuitive program and you shouldn't find it hard to set up a menu and add chapter points.

http://www.mediachance.com/dvdlab/index.html

Offline absnj

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2011, 11:38:49 AM »
What version of TMPGenc DVD Author can do this?

I have been using the current version 4.0.  Once you get past the learning curve, the simple editing and adding chapter points becomes very easy.  The documentation however is poor and you need to spend a lot of time looking around in the various menus to see what all you can do and then guess about how to do it.  There are some very powerful features hidden under the hood.

I have not changed the video format, but I have demuxed, edited the audio track and remuxed quite easily.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.047 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com