Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: RC issue and ISO recommendation  (Read 1892 times)

Offline willndmb

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Needs to get out more...
RC issue and ISO recommendation
« on: March 18, 2009, 10:28:55 AM »
so i have a FR2-le and had 2 rc batteries for it
BOTH lasted about 4 months and just stopped working all together (ie i used it for a show, took it out to charge and nothing happens now)

is anyone has any idea on what might be the issue please lmk

i personally think the issue is the rc batteries thickness and length
they are pretty thick and hard to get into the "hide away" due to how long they are
i think they just break over time of putting it in and out

so does anyone have a rc battery that might have thin wires they can recommend? by thin i mean - similar to size of the fr2le connectors wire, they are easy less then half as thick as my old rc wire were

thanks

EDIT hobby shop worker thinks they drained down to far and killed themself
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 10:57:47 AM by willndmb »
Mics - AKG ck61/ck63 (c480b & Naiant actives), SP-BMC-2
XLR Cables - Silver Path w/Darktrain stubbies
Interconnect Cables - Dogstar (XLR), Darktrain (RCA > 1/8) (1/8 > 1/8), and Kind Kables (1/8f > 1/4)
Preamps - Naiant Littlebox & Tinybox
Recorders - PCM-M10 & DR-60D

Offline flipp

• resident curmudgeon
Re: RC issue and ISO recommendation
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 11:58:34 AM »
Radio Shack sells a repair kit with the Tamiya connectors, in fact two and the only difference is the wire guage. One is marketed for 7.2 volts the other for 9.6v. Less than $4 for either.  If you think the problem is the lenghth and guage of the attached wires, just shorten them and use the RS repair kit to make the length you want.

Can't help with them dieing if they ran too low. If you have a voltmeter check the wires as close to the batteries as possible to see if they have a charge, then check at the connector to see if the voltage is lower or 0 which would indicate a break.

Offline willndmb

Re: RC issue and ISO recommendation
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2009, 12:29:08 PM »
Radio Shack sells a repair kit with the Tamiya connectors, in fact two and the only difference is the wire guage. One is marketed for 7.2 volts the other for 9.6v. Less than $4 for either.  If you think the problem is the lenghth and guage of the attached wires, just shorten them and use the RS repair kit to make the length you want.

Can't help with them dieing if they ran too low. If you have a voltmeter check the wires as close to the batteries as possible to see if they have a charge, then check at the connector to see if the voltage is lower or 0 which would indicate a break.
thanks

the more i think about it though i do think #2 could have been because it got low
#1 i am thinking the cable because that was being used pretty heavy for a few weeks as i did tests at home and shows
but #2 was used close for like 5hrs a month ago and sat around since - i have a feeling now it drained itself and got shot

on a side note do nimh batteries need conditioning/have memory
in other words from now on if i do have one sit for a few weeks is it best to discharge it down then charge or can i just charge it up where ever its at?
thanks again
Mics - AKG ck61/ck63 (c480b & Naiant actives), SP-BMC-2
XLR Cables - Silver Path w/Darktrain stubbies
Interconnect Cables - Dogstar (XLR), Darktrain (RCA > 1/8) (1/8 > 1/8), and Kind Kables (1/8f > 1/4)
Preamps - Naiant Littlebox & Tinybox
Recorders - PCM-M10 & DR-60D

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.078 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com