Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Lenmar DVDu9 and Edirol R44  (Read 2866 times)

Offline ilgross

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Lenmar DVDu9 and Edirol R44
« on: April 05, 2009, 10:04:52 PM »
Is that a workable combo?  I just got a new R44 and DVD9 - 9 volt reuse battery.  Charged battery.  Cables seem to connect correcty with one of the 5 included adapters.  R44 does not recognize the battery.  Tried all of the voltage settings in the software and no luck.  R44 will recognize and run on the AA's and the DC, but not this battery.  Any ideas?  Any help appreciated.

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
Re: Lenmar DVDu9 and Edirol R44
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 11:21:03 PM »
This has been covered frequently in the r44 threads over the past month..example here.
Center pin is negative, set the  recorder to 'adapter'.
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline ilgross

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2009, 12:15:56 PM »
I tried using the option suggested and still no luck.  I cannot get that battery to work.  So, a new question - is there a battery that will work with this unit OUT of the BOX, with no re-wiring or additional engineering required?  Just looking for a make and model number that I can purchase, charge, plug in and use with no extra effort.  Any advice?

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2009, 12:39:36 PM »
Well the slightly unusual part is the center negative power input on the R44.  The battery itself works out of the box, the only trick is the cable or adapters that you need to fit the power input and get the polarity correct.  That can be done with radio shack adapa-plugs or by wiring up your own size 'M' coaxial cable connector.  One of the cable guys here at TS can probably build you a custom cable. I don't know of an off the shelf, plug and go solution that's any simpler. 

Are you sure the battery is good (voltage checks ok with a voltmeter, runs something else ok?) and that your adapter/cable is the correct polarity?

Does your R-44 run ok off the AC wall wart power supply?
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline ilgross

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2009, 01:52:58 PM »
Thanks for the help!  Yes, the unit works perfectly from the wall plug as well as with AA batteries.  Only the external battery supply does not work.  Perhaps I will go to radio Shack and look for a polarity changer for the end of the battery.  Otherwise, I'll remain on the lookout for another unit that workd better out of the gate!

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.058 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com