Gear / Technical Help > Microphones & Setup

Is this everything I'll need for balcony clamping?

(1/3) > >>

detroit lightning:
I currently use a stand with the shockmount / ruler setup for CA14's.  Have a few shows where I'll be in the balcony, and figured it was time to get a basic clamp setup.  Figured this would be a good, simple setup for my needs.

Am I missing anything?  Opinions / recommendations welcomed!

jagraham:
Depends on the balcony and if the clamp will work with any of the surfaces/edges. You could also find a way to bungee the ruler to a balcony surface. The venue might not be OK with you clamping, so have a backup solution like that.

detroit lightning:
Awesome - thank you.  For the bungee option, how would that work?  Ideally, I'd get some space between the mics and whatever I'm mounting it to?

detroit lightning:
I do have a gorillapod that I could use a backup.  Is there an easy extention I could use with that?

jagraham:
No idea on the gorillapod, but the CAs are pretty lightweight so I'm sure you could rig it up somehow. Ideas for the bungee option would be strapping the ruler right to the balcony, or maybe with some of the cord or some bubble wrap material between the cord and balcony surface to alleviate vibrations.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version