Gear / Technical Help > Microphones & Setup

nak cm300 to run on 48v phantom

(1/2) > >>

scrtaper:
so ive been looking at the schematic for nak cm300 bodies and im curious if anyone has a mod for these to run from a 48v phantom supply or if i just have to do some experiments and post my findings? any help is appreciated thanks

ArchivalAudio:
Chack out the team Nak threads:
http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=164175.0;topicseen

--- Quote from: spyder9 on September 02, 2015, 11:16:53 PM ---The P48 mod does make a big difference in the sound of the mic.  It's not just a phantom power mod, but improves the mic sound as well.  Much more fuller sound, with deep bass and high's recessed.   

I recorded a song with each mic, the Sank P48 and the OEM,  using Shure FP24 > Sony M10, prior to sending them out to Steve.

--- End quote ---

Hypnocracy:
Wastib62 does a phantom mod with 6db gain over stock for any Nak/primo clone...those mic's need lots of clean gain an the mod addresses that improving the sound IMO

Jerseyboy:

--- Quote from: Hypnocracy on March 19, 2017, 12:52:13 PM ---Wastib62 does a phantom mod with 6db gain over stock for any Nak/primo clone...those mic's need lots of clean gain an the mod addresses that improving the sound IMO

--- End quote ---

Could someone explain the difference between the Sank & JB mod? I assume both only use the cap section rather than the whole mic body.  I have a mint 3 pack of cm300s and I'm torn on doing the mod on this set...it's literally brand new from a Nak collector.  I purchased another set on ebay, but they lacked the depth & clarity of my mint set.
Can these mods revive a tired set of cm300s?  I like the fact that sank kind of matched the mics. Any help appreciated. I'm waiting to pull the trigger on the mod.

Hypnocracy:
PM Walstib62 for the actual info...

The JB Mod I had was a Phantom Mod...battery and switches removed and a preamp board installed...the body shortened...nothing done on the capsule-barrel end (IICR)

He also does a version of the Ole Franken Mod I've seen referred to as a JB Mod

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version