Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Stereophile article - $60K system using Luminous Audio Cables throughout  (Read 19134 times)

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
Re: Stereophile article - $60K system using Luminous Audio Cables throughout
« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2013, 03:12:27 PM »
I got a good night's sleep for a change.  ;)
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2013, 04:21:23 PM »
Spoken eloquently by a gear manufacturer highly adept at selecting appropriate headwear.

You've got your tri-corner pirate hat on today don't you?

If someone claimed that their cables were miraculous, I'd be much more likely to believe them.  Miracles are by definition a nonrepeatable, unpredictable supernatural occurence.  Science relies on repeatability; if your cables are miraculous, I cannot test that.

By consequence, it would be extremely difficult to manufacture miraculous cables.

Not difficult at all.  No one could disprove the miraculous qualities which lie beyond the reach of test verification.  And not difficult to sell either, although quite impossible to get repeatable miraculous results!  Wherein lies the dichotomy.

Thanks for the thread, the clear explanations of the testing methodology and the all too easily overlooked truth that all audio recording more advanced than a mechanically recorded and reproduced gramophone 78 is essentially nothing more than a measurement of voltage fluctuation over time.  Which is reason enough on its own for this thread.
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline dlh

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2013, 09:16:00 AM »
Best thread here in a long time.  Reassures me that there are people who still trust science.
Thanks to Jon and Gutbucket.

Made me think of "If the facts don't conform to the theory, they must be disposed of." :)
Dave
480b, 460b, Line Audio CM3, SP LSD2, AT BP4025, SP C4,
MiniMe, MiniMP, AND ANNOUNCING the recent adoption of a Mini-Dac. The little bro's are SO excited  :yahoo:

DR-680, DR-100 MKII, PMD671, fr2LE, MTII

De gustibus non est disputandum.
"It's just this little chromium switch here.  You people are soo superstitious."

Offline it-goes-to-eleven

• Trade Count: (58)
« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2013, 09:41:52 AM »
All of this hand waving has failed to account for the quantum cable behaviors that promulgate the time signatures of a fully cohesive soundstage.

Offline SparkE!

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2013, 10:03:52 AM »
Ok folks- I've changed my mind. Cables really do make a difference. I experienced this today!

Wow! The difference in my typing is amazing with this cable!
My nouns and adjectives agree with more precision!
My verbs stand out with greater action, and my nouns are free from hash and jitter.
The words I write have better flow and pace.

Anyone who can't tell the difference must not have golden ears. A better usb cable makes *anyone* a better writer.

Wow! For the first time ever, I can actually understand what you are saying.

You should have done this long ago.  The improvement in your soundstage is stunning!
How'm I supposed to read your lips when you're talkin' out your ass? - Lern Tilton

Ignorance in audio is exceeded only by our collective willingness to embrace and foster it. -  Srajan Ebaen

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2013, 10:56:57 AM »
All of this hand waving has failed to account for the quantum cable behaviors that promulgate the time signatures of a fully cohesive soundstage.
I like to call it "clown stage" because most people that use that term are clowns ;) also you forgot about my all time favorite "blackness" or is it "darkness" I can't keep up with all these fancy audio terms!
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline datbrad

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #51 on: October 26, 2013, 05:22:35 AM »

Best thread here in a long time.  Reassures me that there are people who still trust science.
Thanks to Jon and Gutbucket.

Made me think of "If the facts don't conform to the theory, they must be disposed of." :)
Dave

Wow, haven't looked at this thread in a while.

So, one take away from everything I read is a consensus that any quality of audio observed through human sensory perception that can not be proven in physical, quantitative, scientific terms is invalid. Problem is that science cannot explain why a musical note in the same key, at the same pitch and loudness, looking identical on a scope or waveform measurement device, can be distinguished by it's timbre. Now I agree human sensory perception is not always great, for example the singer who thinks she has perfect pitch but to outside listeners it sounds like a cat being beaten. Compare to Victor Wooten who is well known for having perfect ptich perception and can hear the smallest tick of a note towards being flat or sharp. Science cannot account for this, but we know it's true.

AKG C460B w/CK61/CK63>Luminous Monarch XLRs>SD MP-1(x2)>Luminous Monarch XLRs>PMD661(Oade WMOD)

Beyer M201>Luminous Monarch XLRs>PMD561 (Oade CMOD)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.075 seconds with 35 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com