Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: starting a torrent for the first time, Seeding  (Read 3541 times)

Offline Phil Zone

• Trade Count: (22)
  • Taperssection All-Star
starting a torrent for the first time, Seeding
« on: August 10, 2013, 12:38:45 PM »
hi so im jumping into the torrent world and i used bt.etree. so i upload the file and it said to start seeding. How do you do that? i have utorrent and i just cant figure it out

thank you
Microphones: AKG 460B, 480B, Naiant Actives,CK1,CK61,CK62,CK63, CK69, Busman BSC-1, CA-14
Preamps: Naiant Littlebox, Naiant Tinyhead
Recorders: Zoom F6, Tascam DR-05

LMA Shows: http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Cam%20Keough%22&sort=-date

Offline dnsacks

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: starting a torrent for the first time, Seeding
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2013, 01:21:08 PM »
the torrent you created should show up on the bt.etree.org tracker with zero seeders -- click on the torrent link like you'd do to download a torrent and point utorrent to the directory where you stored the files you created the torrent file from -- Utorrent should show that it's "checking" the torrent and once it's completed checking should show as seeding.  bt.etree.org should show it as seeded soon after and once somebody goes to grab it, you'll see uploading activity from etree. 

If utorrent doesn't show it as seeding, you may have specified the wrong directory. 

Offline capnhook

• All your llamas are belong to us....
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • All your llamas are belong to us....
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2013, 06:17:25 PM »
Yeah, Phil Zone, you have to check your own torrent out for the first time to get it all to work......point to the directory where all the flacs are.

??? You DID put yer .torrent file in a different folder than the flacs, eh? ???   :facepalm:
Proud member of the reality-based community

BSCS-L->JB-mod [NAK CM-300 (CP-3) and/or (CP-1)]->LSD2->CA CAFS-Omni->Sony ECM-907**Apogee MiniMe Rev. C->CA Ugly II->**Edirol OCM R-44->Tascam DR-22WL->Sony TCD-D8

"Don't ever take an all or nothing attitude when it comes to making a difference
and being beautiful and making the world a beautiful place through your actions.
Every little bit is registered.  Every little bit.  So be as beautiful as you can as often as you can"

"It'll never be over, 'till we learn."

"My dream is to get a bus and get the band and just go coast to coast. Just about everything else except music, is anti-musical.  That's it.  Music's the thing." - Jeb Puryear

Offline jazzgtrl4

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2015, 12:32:39 PM »
HI, im having an issue with this torrent im trying to seed, im pretty much a noob at this. Im using utorrent....So i directed it to my folder that has my flacs, md5 & text file in it and it just hangs at connecting to peers it doesnt check it. I have the free version of utorrent. any ideas? thanks

Offline bombdiggity

• Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2015, 12:37:29 PM »
^ A lot depends on your version of utorrent.  You really should install an old one from the v 2.x series.  I use 2.2.1. 

With most you have to point the torrent to the directory the container folder for the files is in, not into the container folder itself. 
Gear:
Audio:
Schoeps MK4V
Nak CM-100/CM-300 w/ CP-1's or CP-4's
SP-CMC-25
>
Oade C mod R-44  OR
Tinybox > Sony PCM-M10 (formerly Roland R-05) 
Video: Varied, with various outboard mics depending on the situation

Offline jazzgtrl4

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2015, 12:44:01 PM »
^ A lot depends on your version of utorrent.  You really should install an old one from the v 2.x series.  I use 2.2.1. 

With most you have to point the torrent to the directory the container folder for the files is in, not into the container folder itself.

OK that worked thanks. directing it to main folder, not the folder the flacs are in. But for some reason its stuck at 99.9%. It did that with vuze when i was using it. this certain torrent i cant get it to go to 100%

Offline bombdiggity

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2015, 12:52:05 PM »
^ Cool. 

The 99.9% issue means that something in the file set changed between the time you made the torrent and what is now in that folder.  Usually it is a tiny thing in the text info file.  You can see what file is the culprit by looking at the file list to see what isn't completed.  Typically there are 8 chunks scattered among several files (because the torrent batches pieces that are larger than the text file itself) but that helps narrow it down. 

If you can replace the file that changed (or change it back to what it said before you can fix it.  Otherwise you need to post a new torrent and delete the old one.  Anyone who downloaded the incomplete one will be able to join the new one with 99.(% if they know what they're doing... 
Gear:
Audio:
Schoeps MK4V
SP-CMC-25
>
Oade C mod R-44  OR

Offline jazzgtrl4

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2015, 12:56:01 PM »
OK thanks..it looks like its the md5 and the text.   thats what i heard could be making it hang at 99.9% and i made sure nothing was changed. ive tried to up this torrent a bunch of times and it still hangs at 99.9%..ill try again. thanks for your help

EDIT: Ok user error, i got it to work. thanks for the help
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 01:02:31 PM by jazzgtrl4 »

Offline bombdiggity

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2015, 01:17:40 PM »
^ Cool.  It gets easier as you do a few... 
Gear:
Audio:
Schoeps MK4V
SP-CMC-25
>
Oade C mod R-44  OR

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.065 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com