Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Tascam dr 40 questions  (Read 2457 times)

Offline cherise64

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Tascam dr 40 questions
« on: February 13, 2016, 03:03:53 AM »
I have a set of nak 300 and a stealth pair of the sonic studio microphones. I am searching for a sd recorder for upcoming phish and dead and company shows. I am wondering if there is a line in on the tascam dr 40 to use the sonic studio microphones?? Will the tascam dr 40 also work will with the nak 300s also ? Any advice will be great. Limited budget so. .. really want to run a 3 set nak mics but still searching that out. . Thank you !

Offline Jonmac

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: Tascam dr 40 questions
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2016, 08:08:59 AM »
The DR40 has switchable mic or line in on the XLR and TRS inputs, but phantom power is on the XLRs only.

You can feed balanced or un-balanced into the TRS connector, but I have found that connecting a dynamic mic via an un-balanced cable into the TRS, produces a low level of digital noise on the recording.  Using a balanced XLR cable it is fine.

Zoom H1, Zoom H2, Zoom H6, Tascam DR-40, Tascam Dr-05, Homebrew mic's, C2 Cardioids

Offline billydee

• Trade Count: (19)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: Tascam dr 40 questions
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2016, 11:54:00 AM »
"I am wondering if there is a line in on the tascam dr 40 to use the sonic studio microphones??"
Yes if you somehow convert to XLR or 1/4" plugs as mentioned in the previous response.

"Will the tascam dr 40 also work will with the nak 300s also ? "
Yes BUT not at the same time if you already have the Sonics plugged in.

So if you're actually asking if the deck can record 4 channels the answer is yes BUT, two of those channels must be the Tascam built-in mics in the X-Y or A-B configuration.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.035 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com