Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Celestion sl6s  (Read 1675 times)

Offline raymonda

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Celestion sl6s
« on: May 12, 2016, 11:07:28 AM »
I admit to always wanting a pair of these since around 1987. Well, I finally pulled the trigger and picked up a pair. I've been listening to them with a Classe 101 amp and benchmark hdr and they sound nice. Stock they sound much better than the Klipsch Heresys I bought, modded and sold. Different birds, I know.

Over the next month or so I'm going to play with them, mod, hot rod them and give them a nice veneer finish.

Their frequency response is similar the  Heresys in the low end but these seem to go lower and as a stand alone monitor do a surprising job with electric and acoustic bass. They are also much better balanced than the Herseys and have a good high end that allows you to believe cymbals are real. Reports are that they get congested at high volumes and complex music. I'm listening to them at 90dbs or so and they are doing fine. I don't dare try to push them into the upper 90s or 100s but where they are at now is just fine for semi real volumes.

I'll post pictures when I dissemble them and then when they are finished.

I'll also report back on my listening impressions

In 1990 I bought a pair of Spica tc50s. There is some similarities, however, these have a more extended high end, that sounds nice. The Spica's tweeter was an Audax soft dome that was good but forgiving. If it were 1990 all over again I'd buy these, but then again these went for around 1200 and the Spica's went for 500.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.05 seconds with 25 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com