Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: wireless headphones  (Read 2105 times)

Offline kindms

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • The Breakfast
wireless headphones
« on: August 23, 2016, 04:05:22 PM »
I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations or solution suggestions

The wife likes to watch late night TV. She had coopted my headphone amp and cans but the wires were a mess and of course I wanted to use my rig so.. I took it back.

So I was thinking about hooking her up. Was wondering if anyone has any suggestions. I was thinking wireless would be ideal. Anyone have any experience with the 3.5mm to bluetooth apadters and bluetooth headhones ?

would sticking to a more traditional solution like sennheiser RF stuff or sony ?

This will be almost exclusively used for tv and movie watching.
AKG c426, AKG414 XLS/ST, AKG ck61, ck22, >nBob colettes >PFA > V3, SD MixPre >  TCM-Mod Tascam HDP2, Sony M10
Little Bear tube Pre >Outlaw Audio 2200 Monoblocks > VR-2's

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!
Re: wireless headphones
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2016, 04:14:35 PM »
My dad has a Sony setup for his TV.  The headphones are cool.  When you lift them off of the cradle and put them on, they automatically mute the TV and turn on the headphone sound...  They also have a volume control so that you can adjust headphone volume without adjusting TV volume...  This is handy when you switch back and forth, you don't have to keep adjusting the volume... 

Terry
***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

Offline wvmaine

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
    • Archive.org
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2016, 04:18:51 PM »
Mics: Neumann SKM 184, AKG C1000
Pre Amps: Naiant Big Box & Little Box, Blue Tube DP
Recorders: Sony PCM-M10, Zoom H4n, Zoom F4

Offline drewloo

• Friend of Salsa
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • it's recreational
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2016, 03:08:17 PM »
I got some Sennheiser RS 175 RF phones back in June.  So far I'm pleased with them.  One thing I don't care for is that when you go analog-in to the transmitting unit there seems to be some kind of limiter that kicks in sometimes on the loud stuff and it sort of turns the volume down a notch for the rest of the session (I need to look into that more).  But if you go optical-in it doesn't do that so that's what I do.  Decent range, I can go outside the house and still get a signal if I stay close to building.  I like that they use 2 aaa-batteries so when I forget to put them on their charging cradle/transmitter and then run out of juice I can pop some aaa's I have charging in another charger.

Good sound, but not as good as my AT fiddies.  Don't have to use the bass boost too often but it's nice to have when needed.  Never really messed w/ the surround options but of the two only one option sounds good to my ears.  Sort of wondered if I should have gone the bluetooth route since I might be buying a new receiver that will probably have bluetooth, but I read several reviews where people griped that they could barely move away from the transmitter before losing signal w/ bluetooth phones. One of the reasons I chose the Senns was that on a lot of over-the-ear headphone reviews I was reading people complained about them not actually going over the ear, more like on-the-ear, which they said became uncomfortable after a while, but the Senns completely cover the ear and I can wear them for extended periods w/ no issues.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.066 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com