Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Reactive BoostBox and DPA battery box  (Read 6705 times)

CHURCH-AUDIO

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Reactive BoostBox and DPA battery box
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2006, 05:20:36 PM »
There is all kinds of adaptors available but they are very expsensive!

really st00pid question but...

is there nothing along the lines of a simple microdot--->miniplug adapter cable that you can put on the DPAS and then plug straight into the Reactive? Or do the DPAs have special power requirements?

This particuarly interests me since i have a reactive box and lust after a pair of 4060s....  ;D

Offline KingReptile

• Taperssection Member
  • Injection is Nice I'd Rather Be Blown----
    • http://www.angelfire.com/music5/d8maniac/KingReptile_home
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2006, 11:33:32 PM »

Sounds great very interested in this pre hopefully it will be a bit smaller than the MMA 6000..Any idea on price?? +10 db and +20 db varaible switch would be ideal for gain on the 4061's ..

Offline ab05

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2006, 02:31:07 AM »
The problem of microdot-->miniplug adaptors is that you need one (stereo) adaptor for each mic, while the reactive pre-amp has only 1 input!
So you need 2 adaptors (1 for each mic) and a mixing device of the 2 signals with 1 miniplug output... Awful in my opinion!!
It's much better to have only 1 pre-amp with the microdot inputs!

By the way, I have successfully used 1 DPA mic + 1 adaptor with my Reactive pre-amp, so there aren't special power requirements.

really st00pid question but...

is there nothing along the lines of a simple microdot--->miniplug adapter cable that you can put on the DPAS and then plug straight into the Reactive? Or do the DPAs have special power requirements?

This particuarly interests me since i have a reactive box and lust after a pair of 4060s....  ;D
« Last Edit: April 12, 2006, 02:38:04 AM by ab05 »

Offline pjdavep

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2006, 08:13:03 AM »
Or just buy one of my new microdot preamps :) I am coming out with in the next few weeks..
I would make sure if your going to get anyone to cut your cable off that they dont use the cheap gold connecotors and use at least neutrik. Or better yet switchcraft right angle gold connectors rock. Or my new microdot preamp:)

Chris Church

Chris,

Did you ever track down the part numbers for the DPA microdots?  If not, I *think* I know the numbers from some research I did a couple months back on the Tyco website.  Lemme know...

Later,
   pjdavep

EDIT - sorry, this was meant for PM...
« Last Edit: April 12, 2006, 09:15:36 AM by pjdavep »
Recording: DPA 4061s > DPA MMA-6000 > R-09

Playback office: Denon 2200 > Grace 901 > Sennheiser 650's (all Cardas cabling)
            home: Onkyo SP-800 > Denon 887 > Odyssey HT-3 SE > Von Schweikert VR-2  (Kimber Select IC's and Bifocal XL spkr cables)

CHURCH-AUDIO

« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2006, 09:38:21 AM »
I am talking to Tyco now only one problem. These connectors are military the are a non stock with digikey, and the minimum order is 500 pcs and they are going to be around $10 each. I do not have that much cash, To spend on this project. I am not sure i am even going to sell more then 50 pcs of. Its hard to justify, I am still looking send me the part numbers in a PM, and I will contact them. I need the know the thread size and type and OD of the 6000 connector, that's the one I am interested in but even the part number of the male would get me into the ball park.

Chris Church

Or just buy one of my new microdot preamps :) I am coming out with in the next few weeks..
I would make sure if your going to get anyone to cut your cable off that they dont use the cheap gold connecotors and use at least neutrik. Or better yet switchcraft right angle gold connectors rock. Or my new microdot preamp:)

Chris Church

Chris,

Did you ever track down the part numbers for the DPA microdots?  If not, I *think* I know the numbers from some research I did a couple months back on the Tyco website.  Lemme know...

Later,
   pjdavep

EDIT - sorry, this was meant for PM...

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.062 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com