Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: 3 wire battery box questions  (Read 2679 times)

Offline insanescott

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
3 wire battery box questions
« on: March 23, 2007, 12:11:46 AM »
Hello.  I am currently starting to make a 3 wire battery box.  I am actually following the plans that were posted by another member from here..... http://taperssection.com/index.php/topic,72994.0.html

I was wondering if it would be possible to change the outputs on this model from miniXLR to 1/4in.  Would I need to change anything in the plans?  Also, for my capacitors I was unable to find a 10uF or 2.2uF that is non-electrolytic.  What side effects would I get if I used this part? 

I am a beginner and have only built a 2 wire battery box so don't bash me too hard  :)  Thanks in advance for the help.

Scott

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: 3 wire battery box questions
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2007, 12:41:50 AM »
Hello.  I am currently starting to make a 3 wire battery box.  I am actually following the plans that were posted by another member from here..... http://taperssection.com/index.php/topic,72994.0.html

I was wondering if it would be possible to change the outputs on this model from miniXLR to 1/4in.  Would I need to change anything in the plans?  Also, for my capacitors I was unable to find a 10uF or 2.2uF that is non-electrolytic.  What side effects would I get if I used this part? 

I am a beginner and have only built a 2 wire battery box so don't bash me too hard  :)  Thanks in advance for the help.

Scott

That circuit was designed by poorlyconditioned He really knows his stuff. I would say that if you want to get a 10uf cap that is no electrolytic Go to www.digikey.com and look at this part number.. Digi-Key Part Number E1106-ND This is a bigger cap but if it is going in a big project box say something like a Hammond Manufacturing box 1593PBK this is the box I use for my preamps you should be fine. It even has a nice battery compartment to hold your battery in.. It will make your battery box look sweet. Remember good parts are worth waiting for.. I dont use electrolytics in my signal chain but there are plenty of companies that do.. I dont think there is anything wrong with it if you buy high end caps. But if your just buying off the shelf stuff your better to give digikey a call..
Ps... make sure all of your resistors are 1% metal film as well you can get all this stuff from digikey.

Chris Church
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline insanescott

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: 3 wire battery box questions
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2007, 12:49:27 AM »
Hey man.  Thanks so much for the quick response and helpful information.  I've never heard of digikey.com, and I will definitely check it out.  Do you know anything about converting the minixlr's in this box to 1/4in outputs?  Thanks again.

Scott

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.055 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com