Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Fob from Merriweather Post Pavilion pit?  (Read 1867 times)

Offline jadedphan

• gear owned:
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • at one with the cosmic rhythms
    • seeded recordings found on: http://bt.etree.org - search jadedphan
Fob from Merriweather Post Pavilion pit?
« on: March 20, 2018, 09:39:09 PM »
Hey now,

I’ve never really paid attention to the pit at Merriweather Post pavilion before. I have tickets to phish there this summer, and was kicking around the idea of running my 22’s from a stand in the very last, or next to last, row of the pit. What I’m wondering is if this will be too close, and not worth the effort. Some GA pits I’ve been in sound great from the middle to back of the pit, and some are so shallow it just doesn’t work well, and you hear more stage than pa mix.

Any help here,
-bry
mics: schoeps mk4v, mk41v (matched), mk22 (matched) , mk41 (matched), mk22 (not part of matched pair)/MK8 (mid/side); neumann u89i, neumann km150

preamps: aeta psp3, schoeps vms02ib, vms5u x 2, sonosax sx-m2, sx-m2d2;

recorders: sound devices: mixpre 6ii, mixpre 10ii; sony: d7 & d8, tascam da-30mkii

mic bodies: schoeps cmc1L x 4,  neumann km100

actives/specialty cables: ak2Lsu x 14, aksu2ta3 x 6,  aksu2u x 8, 5m nbobs actives (schoeps version), kcy x 2, k5s (5pin stereo) x 10 @ 5m; custom 5 pin 9’, 16’, 12’ (x2), k5Lsu (x 6), nbobs actives (schoeps), custom km100 actives

Offline datbrad

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Fob from Merriweather Post Pavilion pit?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2018, 07:12:59 AM »
The pit has no seats, its GA. I've only taped once down there for MMJ in 2011, and it sounds good, but the crowd noise is heavy and the vocals were a little weak because of the width of the PA. But since the backline amps were so loud, the instruments especially the bass sounded killer. For Phish, I'm not sure you'll get to setup there. Only reason I could for MMJ is their tape from your seat policy. Phish sells taper tickets and Merriweather guards are not known for being flexible. Good luck!

AKG C460B w/CK61/CK63>Luminous Monarch XLRs>SD MP-1(x2)>Luminous Monarch XLRs>PMD661(Oade WMOD)

Beyer M201>Luminous Monarch XLRs>PMD561 (Oade CMOD)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.06 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com