Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: 185Wh Battery w/ charger for only $135  (Read 17183 times)

Offline Hypnocracy

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Hypnocratic Missionary
    • Hypno on teh LMA
Re: 185Wh Battery w/ charger for only $135
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2018, 05:08:48 PM »
I now own three K2's...

Long term review:
Of the cables I have had made everyone is the right size, but, are loose at the K2 port. Conversely, the OEM supplied cables are tighter...very strange.

I think I've got noise in the power on rare occasion from the above loose connection...from the internal battery kicking in and out to cover for the dropped power. That said, it appears to be associated with only one of the three batteries. I've taken to gaff taping the RA connector/power cable down on the unit and that appears to have fixed that issue.

Why three when one will run 2-3 days of a festival...running two stages...phone charger...running a laptop for backup at festival campsite. I'm looking for a nice 12v DC powered Desktop speaker setup for camp music...

What I miss is the security of connections, even the old Tekkeon Kycon DC Power Connector feels loads more secure. Strongly considering going V-Mount 14.4 v batteries with a DTap. Similar battery meter...voltage coming right off the battery cells (no noise from voltage step down an loss of efficiency associated with it). Some V-Mount Batteries have USB outputs too. Downside is more expensive when compared to K2 for same or less capacity and no 12v output, but, that is not an issue with my current recorder that takes up to 16v.

This must be heaven -- 'cause here's where the rainbow ends
If this ain't the real thing, then it's close enough to pretend

Offline kindms

• Trade Count: (6)
    • The Breakfast
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2018, 07:46:06 AM »
ive got 2 of these and hoping they get me through curveball

But the V3 eats power so it will be interesting. I have options and should be able to recharge 1 at some point.

I may have to run the hdp2 on AA or whatever for a while and use the K2s on the V3

i got 5 hours + on the k2 with the V3 using my 414s. i think it was down to like 2 or 3 bars before i shut off the test at home. with actives i should be fine i think
AKG c426, AKG414 XLS/ST, AKG ck61, ck22, >nBob colettes >PFA > V3, SD MixPre >  TCM-Mod Tascam HDP2, Sony M10
Little Bear tube Pre >Outlaw Audio 2200 Monoblocks > VR-2's

Offline Rob D.

• Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2018, 12:08:21 PM »
...I was concerned about this turning off as easy but you must hold for 10 seconds to shut down....

I just tested mine and it takes about 3 seconds of holding the button before it powers off. I'll dig through the manual and see if there is any kind of adjustment for this (I like the 10 second rule much better).

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.071 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com