Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: canare  (Read 5603 times)

Offline BJ

• been around the world and found that only stupid people are breeding the cretins cloning and feeding
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • They're baaack! ??
Re: canare
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2005, 10:15:32 AM »
yea, I would have never imagined..honestly..NEVER...esp a cheap part of it like the cables..i mean  $60 shipping and all...

i forgot to order the extra 6 ft for my sub tho...so right now its in the wrong place and my center is turned off(not worried about that) but my sub is on a short cable, so its pointed sideways BEHIND my entertainment center...i know it will sound SO much better when that is in the right place...

next, is my speakers...I am thinking about the tannoys that Oade has for sale on his site...around 350$ for the speakers..and then I will probably build my own (2 channel) from the links that nick posted in a few threads down, those look to be really nice, and you can build the pair for around 150$..heck..i might do this first...but I have NO clue about the crossover diagrams...thats the only part that worries me...I have never attempted anytihing like that.  Finally, I will upgrade my reciever, probably the sony that is gettig so much fluff....its a decent price, and has the features I want...i.e. an extra channel for another room, so i can have my 5.1's and my 2 channels hooked up and just alternate depending on what im doing(movies/music), becuase I am limited to one room.  I REALLY thinking about building a small server with 4-5 200gb harddrives in raid, and adding ALL my collection to that and streaming it straight to the reciever..but I saw that most said get an external DAC, and I htink this is a pipe dream, as those look pretty expensive....my wife is going to kill me when I actually tell her these plans... :P
Auditory
Intake  waves -> 0/1's -> waves
it's magic 

Offline tfrench

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • My Music Trading List
Re: canare
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2005, 02:33:23 PM »
I got mine for .69$ / ft....

I must say...these cables kick ass compared to my old monster cheapy cables from best buy...WOW!

also, IF you do order this...and you have 6-8 ft left over...i would love to snatch this from you, as I didnt order enough..and paying 6$ for a handling charge on 6 ft of wire(when its still 6$ handling for 60 ft) is just ridiculous...

Razorback, I ordered the cable today.........I'm going to set up my rooms..........if I have some left over I'll drop you a PM.

Todd
I'm a taper,one of the most well adapted and well prepared species known to exist on the planet,even the boy scouts ain't got shit on us....Mark S.

Recording Gear:
AKG 460b (ck63, ck1 or mk46/ck1x/ck3x) > FR2-LE (24/48)

ISO: AKG ck2x, CK22, CK2, CK3

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.044 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com