Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Can someone help me with Sony  (Read 5920 times)

Offline Kyle

• Made it back alive!
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Still loves his mic pre's
Can someone help me with Sony
« on: January 16, 2006, 07:13:07 PM »
Hey all

I have a STR-DA3000ES receiver and it suffers from the hiss/static issue. I attempted to call Sony to have it repaired and they refused to set up a service call for it. They told me that there have been no service bulletins issued for this unit, and that there is no real problem with it - I just have it grounded incorrectly. I know that they all full of it - but I am stuck. Can anyone who has had this issued resolved send me their Sony contact info so I can have it fixed. Thanks.....
Schoeps CMC6/MK4  //  Nakamichi CM-300/CP-1/CP-2
E.A.A. PSP-2   // Grace Design Lunatec V2
Sonic AD2K+ 
Tascam HD-P2 (Oade BCM)  //  Sony TC-D5 PROII

Duncan - 12/84 > 8/8/05 - Miss you everyday

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
    • Hurricanes Insider
Re: Can someone help me with Sony
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2006, 07:26:29 PM »
I called this number when I had static on several channels and they setup a repair for me to send it to them.  Keep in mind this was after I dropped it off with one of their authorized repair people locally for 3 weeks who never fixed it

1-800-222-7669

Offline Kyle

• Made it back alive!
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2006, 07:52:29 PM »
I called this number when I had static on several channels and they setup a repair for me to send it to them.  Keep in mind this was after I dropped it off with one of their authorized repair people locally for 3 weeks who never fixed it

1-800-222-7669

That's the number I called. The woman I spoke with flat out refused to help me and said there was nothing wrong with their recevier. I had to flip out on her just to get her to give up the local Sony service center's phone number. She also told me that onecall.com is not an authrowized dealer, which I know it is. Then she siad they wouldn't honor the warranty anyway because onecall was unauthorized. I told her to research it and when she came back on she siad that onecall was authorized, but it didn't matter anyway because the warrranty would be vaild even if not purchased from an authorized dealer.  ???  ???

It was really frustrating - think I'll call Doug Oade tomorrow - he has a long history with Sony....
Sonic AD2K+ 

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
    • Hurricanes Insider
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2006, 10:11:55 PM »
I would call sony back and just get someone else on the phone...on their site onecall is listed

http://www.sonystyle.com/intershoproot/eCS/Store/en/lc/authorized_dealers/

Offline Kyle

• Made it back alive!
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2006, 10:39:06 PM »
thanks Nick +T    8)
Sonic AD2K+ 

Offline robertd

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2006, 06:25:17 PM »
I am also having static/hiss issues with my Sony ES unit.
also took it to a local service center who said they couldn't replicate the problem.
I brought it home, plugged it in and the noise is still there.
I may be calling that number myself.
I am guessing that Sony was able to fix your problem Nick?

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
    • Hurricanes Insider
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2006, 11:19:24 PM »
I am also having static/hiss issues with my Sony ES unit.
also took it to a local service center who said they couldn't replicate the problem.
I brought it home, plugged it in and the noise is still there.
I may be calling that number myself.
I am guessing that Sony was able to fix your problem Nick?

yes, the local auth repair shop held my unit for two weeks, told me it was fixed and it wasnt.  call the 1800 number and get a RMA number.  Mine has worked perfectly since I got it back

Offline Mojowill

• Educated, no. Stupid, yup.
  • YOGIS R.I.P.
    • Mojowill's Music List
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2006, 05:13:39 PM »
I'm curious as to what causes your static?  Is it in surround playback or just 2 channel audio playback?

I have a problem with not being able to get full 5.1 surround, I can only get 3- 2.1 or something.  anyway it sometimes sends pure static through my rear channels, but I was thinking it migh be my dvd player which is an older model, or the dvd i am watching.  the damn thing is frigging coplicated though.  only reason i kept it is cause it sounds nice for music.
I'm a mean machine drinkin gasoline and honey you can make my motor hum.

Offline Kyle

• Made it back alive!
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2006, 03:24:49 PM »
I'm curious as to what causes your static?  Is it in surround playback or just 2 channel audio playback?

I have a problem with not being able to get full 5.1 surround, I can only get 3- 2.1 or something.  anyway it sometimes sends pure static through my rear channels, but I was thinking it migh be my dvd player which is an older model, or the dvd i am watching.  the damn thing is frigging coplicated though.  only reason i kept it is cause it sounds nice for music.

I went to the Sony eservice site - they set me up right away with an RMA# :cheers:

The static is not too bad - sounds like digi-snits here and there - they are random - if I rewind a source and replay I can't duplicate -

The hisss is the real problem - if I turn up the volume about -10db I can hear a very loud hissing sound from my listening position, which is 12 feet away. It happens all the time - signal present or not - just loud noise. Going to send it off tomorrow and hope for the best....
If I drop the singal delow -10db, the hiss dies down. It is still there, but there is a certain threshhold (-10db) when you break it - the noise level really increases.
Sonic AD2K+ 

Offline Mojowill

• Educated, no. Stupid, yup.
  • YOGIS R.I.P.
    • Mojowill's Music List
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2006, 11:41:22 PM »
good luck, never heard the hiss on mine I have had it at top volume too. 
I'm a mean machine drinkin gasoline and honey you can make my motor hum.

Offline robertd

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2006, 12:03:18 AM »
the Sony I have is the AVD-C700ES.
this is a combo multi-channel receiver/5 disc changer with digital amps.

after about 10 minutes of turning it on from standby, a loud hiss comes from all speakers in my 5.1 setup and then goes away after another 10 minutes or so.
the hiss stays at a consistent volume no matter how loud or soft the gain is.
this is annoying but at least it goes away.

static in my system only occurs with multi-channel SACDs and is only heard in the rear channels.
probably 4 out of 5 times I play the multi-channel layer of an SACD I get the static.
it sounds like pops from a vinyl record or short clicks of diginoise.
I have not been able to listen to Dark Side Of The Moon or any Miles Davis in multi-channel yet.
I have been able to listen to the Alison Krauss and Union Station live disc several times with no static though.
I have no issues with Dolby Digital, DTS or any of the built in surround modes, just SACD.

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
    • Hurricanes Insider
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2006, 06:35:00 AM »
it is a multichannel thing primarily...same problem I had.  They have a faulty component in the path that needs replacing

Offline esteyes

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2006, 07:40:39 PM »
maybe take a shot at this page

http://esupport.sony.com/perl/select-system.pl?PRODTYPE=45&NAVDISP=homeav

i have a TAE 9000ES. there is a nice forum for support and a couple of home pages dedicated to the 9000. i started here

http://www.agoraquest.com/viewforum.php?forum=51

good luck and keep trying

nism
Neil Sturtevant
San Marcos, CA
AKG 451's + CK1/CK8/CK9
AKG 460's + CK61/CK63 or A60M + CK1/CK8/CK9  or MK46/CK1X/CK8X
Sennheiser K3U + MKE-2, ME20, ME40, ME80, ME88
Sennheiser MKH 110/2 x2 + MKH 110/1 powered via custom battbox
Busman BSC1-K1/K2/K3/K4
Shure FP33 or Sony DMX P01
Korg MR1000 or Sony M1
stealth: M1 > MKE-2/ME 20/ME40 in the hat
all cabling LINK (made in Germany) balanced or balanced miniature w/ Neutrik ends

making custom cables and serviceable (non-epoxy) ultraflush right angle cables plus other custom projects

Offline esteyes

• Taperssection Regular
Neil Sturtevant
San Marcos, CA
AKG 451's + CK1/CK8/CK9
AKG 460's + CK61/CK63 or A60M + CK1/CK8/CK9  or MK46/CK1X/CK8X
Sennheiser K3U + MKE-2, ME20, ME40, ME80, ME88
Sennheiser MKH 110/2 x2 + MKH 110/1 powered via custom battbox
Busman BSC1-K1/K2/K3/K4
Shure FP33 or Sony DMX P01
Korg MR1000 or Sony M1
stealth: M1 > MKE-2/ME 20/ME40 in the hat
all cabling LINK (made in Germany) balanced or balanced miniature w/ Neutrik ends

making custom cables and serviceable (non-epoxy) ultraflush right angle cables plus other custom projects

CHURCH-AUDIO

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2006, 08:07:51 PM »
Just a question but have you tryed just hooking up a cd playing to a input and unplugging ever other item from the recever? to see if it is a ground loop. Many times its the cable comming into the house does not have a solid ground on it. That might be the problem, but I would do this first unplug everything but the speakers, and just get a portable battery operated cd player or mp3 player and have that as the only device hooked up to the input. See if it's quiet, then if it is, try all the inputs to make sure its not a fault of any of the inputs on your unit. If they are all quiet it is a ground loop or something sending the signal to your reciver like a bad op amp on a tv out or on a dvd player it does happen. You will have to plug things back in one at a time until you find the little basterd that is causing the noise. I hope this helps I had the same problem a while back and that's what I had to do. It's like pro audio gear you can have one thing in the chain that has issues with grounding and everything gets noisey.

Hey all

I have a STR-DA3000ES receiver and it suffers from the hiss/static issue. I attempted to call Sony to have it repaired and they refused to set up a service call for it. They told me that there have been no service bulletins issued for this unit, and that there is no real problem with it - I just have it grounded incorrectly. I know that they all full of it - but I am stuck. Can anyone who has had this issued resolved send me their Sony contact info so I can have it fixed. Thanks.....

Offline Kyle

• Made it back alive!
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2006, 08:47:46 PM »
Just a question but have you tryed just hooking up a cd playing to a input and unplugging ever other item from the recever? to see if it is a ground loop. Many times its the cable comming into the house does not have a solid ground on it. That might be the problem, but I would do this first unplug everything but the speakers, and just get a portable battery operated cd player or mp3 player and have that as the only device hooked up to the input. See if it's quiet, then if it is, try all the inputs to make sure its not a fault of any of the inputs on your unit. If they are all quiet it is a ground loop or something sending the signal to your reciver like a bad op amp on a tv out or on a dvd player it does happen. You will have to plug things back in one at a time until you find the little basterd that is causing the noise. I hope this helps I had the same problem a while back and that's what I had to do. It's like pro audio gear you can have one thing in the chain that has issues with grounding and everything gets noisey.

Hey all

Sony was very insistent that it was a ground loop, but this particular problem is well documented. It was a loud hissing sound, present with nothing hooked up to it all (except speakers). Anyway, they fixed it and returned it so all is well....

Thanks for the input...
Sonic AD2K+ 

CHURCH-AUDIO

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2006, 10:08:58 PM »
With nothing connected it could not be a ground loop lol. Makes me want to run out and buy Sony products NOT.
Sony professional is very different to deal with then these guys. Atleast they would not be stupid enough to think you can get a ground loop with nothing plugged in :) I am glad you got it sorted out.

Chris Church

Hey all

Sony was very insistent that it was a ground loop, but this particular problem is well documented. It was a loud hissing sound, present with nothing hooked up to it all (except speakers). Anyway, they fixed it and returned it so all is well....

Thanks for the input...

Offline Kyle

• Made it back alive!
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2006, 10:44:24 PM »
With nothing connected it could not be a ground loop lol. Makes me want to run out and buy Sony products NOT.
Sony professional is very different to deal with then these guys. Atleast they would not be stupid enough to think you can get a ground loop with nothing plugged in :) I am glad you got it sorted out.

Chris Church

Hey all

Thanks for the input...

They were a bear to deal with on the phone and flat out said I didn't know what I was talking about. Refused to give me an RMA# for service. I used the Sony eservice website and had no probs. Over the years I have been up and down with Sony - it seems more up than down so I kee buying their stuff....
Sonic AD2K+ 

CHURCH-AUDIO

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2006, 11:54:33 PM »
Yah its hard to stay away from them, I have a MZ-NH900 HIMD recorder great product, but the display sucks so bad you can not see whats in the screen even in good light. I contacted them about it and they said thats the way it is. After I shelled out $350 for it new oh well big company does not care about its end users sooner or later will end up being a company people go to as a last resort.

Chris Church

Hey all

Thanks for the input...

They were a bear to deal with on the phone and flat out said I didn't know what I was talking about. Refused to give me an RMA# for service. I used the Sony eservice website and had no probs. Over the years I have been up and down with Sony - it seems more up than down so I kee buying their stuff....

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.126 seconds with 47 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com