Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Broken Receiver?  (Read 1528 times)

Offline Patrick

• Evil Urges, Baby.
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
Broken Receiver?
« on: September 18, 2007, 05:50:47 PM »
I bought a Kenwood VR-405 off of craigslist today.  The seller waited until I got to his house to tell me that the unit had been dropped earlier this morning, but it "worked for 5 years without problems."

Well, I get home and it won't power on.  The standby light is not lit when the unit is plugged in.

I opened it up and found the fuse, which appeared to be not broken (although I am not totally sure).  Is there something obvious that could be easily broken if dropped?  Is this a power supply issue?  Other than that, I really don't know what to do in order to possibly fix this thing.  I have e-mailed the seller so maybe he can help with the repair costs.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance!
Monitor Engineer: Band of Horses, Cage the Elephant, Bruce Hornsby, The Head and the Heart, Josh Ritter

Live Music Archive Bookmarks

Offline cheshirecat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: Broken Receiver?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2007, 12:04:25 PM »
I'd try to get your money back if you can... I can't think of anything in particular that would be damaged by a drop, but if it's already not working, that is a bad sign.
SB2 / Rega P1 > Modified Dynaco PAS2 > Modified Dynaco MK-IV monoblocks> Axiom M22 v2

Offline Patrick

• Evil Urges, Baby.
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Broken Receiver?
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2007, 12:13:30 PM »
That's the advice I got on another forum as well.  They said it could be anything that is broken and for the unit that I am working with, it's not worth fixing.

I contacted the seller and he said that he would gladly take it back for a refund.  Looks like that is what I am going to do.

Monitor Engineer: Band of Horses, Cage the Elephant, Bruce Hornsby, The Head and the Heart, Josh Ritter

Live Music Archive Bookmarks

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.049 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com