Gear / Technical Help > Remote Power

Does anyone still refurb/work on DVD battery's??

(1/5) > >>

Gordon:
I have one of these that takes and holds a charge but no longer outputs power.  so assuming something is wrong with the output connection.

https://www.amazon.com/Initial-RB-270-Lithium-Ion-Universal-Rechargeable/dp/B0002J9QXG

If anyone can use this just pay shipping and it's yours.    Battery only no charging cable as I need it for the 1 remaining battery I have.

jerryfreak:
i was surprised and delighted when i busted out the V3>AD2K rig for first time in a decade that the old tekkeons i had were fine. didnt do detailed runtime tests on either, but with one battery each on the V3 and AD2K I ran a 2.5 hour set and were still about half charge afterwards

jb63:
Isn't there someplace that refers these?
I seem to remember a thread about this but I can't find it now.

Gutbucket:
Most folks have now moved on.  The cells could be replaced, but the ultimate death of my DVD batteries was the loss of function of the built-in power meter, after which I no longer dared rely on them. 

Take a look at TalentCell an inexpensive and more or less a direct replacement with similar functionality and increased capacity for the same size.  Primary difference is TalentCell has an on/off rocker switch, where DVD batts were "always on".  Various capacities are available, all of which exceed old DVD batt capacity.  I think the smaller ones around the size of old DVD batts may only provide 12VDC and 5V USB out, but if you need 9V, the larger ones have both 9V and 12V ports that can be used simultaneously.

I made the switch a few years ago and have not looked back since.

jb63:
Did you find anything smaller or lighter than the DVD batteries?
Looks like I'll need to replace 4 of them and that's 4 lbs I'd like to lose!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version