Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Clamp-aholics. The ultimate clamping and rigging team thread II  (Read 59556 times)

Offline goodcooker

• Trade Count: (43)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • goes to 11
Re: Clamp-aholics. The ultimate clamping and rigging team thread II
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2018, 02:57:38 PM »

Used the super clamp+telescopic extension for the first time last night. The clamp could only latch on in a way that caused the pole to be at an angle. Is there any way to avoid this with a superclamp or would a c clamp be the way to get it up perpendicular to the ledge?

Superclamps typically come with a wedge insert that allows it to clamp flat to a table top. I always lose that insert and have to wing it.

A lot of people prefer a Matthelini type jaw clamp for flat surfaces.
Line Audio CM3/OM1 || MBHO KA500 hyper>PFA|| ADK A51 type IV || AKG C522XY
Oade Warm Mod and Presence+ Mod UA5s || Aerco MP2(needs help) || Neve Portico 5012 || Apogee MMP
SD Mixpre6 || Oade Concert Mod DR100mkii

pocket sized - CA11 cards > SP SB10 > Sony PCM A10

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/goodcooker

"Are you the Zman?" - fan at Panic 10-08-10 Kansas City
"I don't know who left this perfectly good inflatable wook doll here, but if I'm blowing her up, I'm keeping her." -  hoppedup

jcable77

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2018, 06:39:31 PM »

Used the super clamp+telescopic extension for the first time last night. The clamp could only latch on in a way that caused the pole to be at an angle. Is there any way to avoid this with a superclamp or would a c clamp be the way to get it up perpendicular to the ledge?
This is what i would use and works great in that situation. Ive had the same issue, even with the wedge in the superclamp.
https://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/aclk?sa=L&ai=DChcSEwiCj5-S5eDbAhXRtcAKHfVPBZ0YABAIGgJpbQ&ohost=www.google.com&cid=CAESQOD2cBbd6HlybuaLcGkm7fo9C6UT431KyU8V5C257vMIqiUHPGP-d3KxVjC2PEV4EqTnF7L9QWnrySyAkO0Mwdw&sig=AOD64_0l_RbK56baWAlEuV9xIc2AnraPzQ&ctype=5&q=&ved=0ahUKEwj0t5WS5eDbAhUs3IMKHc3BBUwQwg8IJg&adurl=

« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 06:42:33 PM by jcable77 »

Offline rigpimp

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Jarts don't kill people!
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2018, 06:47:22 PM »
If you lose the rubber insert superclamps are good for round rails, use a flat C-clamp like a Rowi for tables and lips. 
Mics: Schoeps MK 5 MP, Schoeps MK 8 MP, Schoeps MK 41 MP, KCY 250/5 > PFA
Pre/A>D/P48: Sonosax SX/M2, Sonosax SX/M2-LS, E.A.A. PSP-2, Baby Nbox, Neumann BS48i-2 (for sale)
Recorders: Sound Devices Mixpre-6ii, Sony PCM-A10
Playback: Jolida 1501 Hybrid > McIntosh MX 130 > Von Schweikert VR-4 JR, or Little Dot MK III > Sennheiser HD700
http://archive.org/bookmarks/kskreider
https://www.concertarchives.org/kskreider
https://archive.org/details/thespps

Offline vanark

• TDS
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (29)
  • If you ain't right, you better get right!
    • The Mudboy Grotto - North Mississippi Allstar fan site
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2018, 06:51:48 PM »
If you lose the rubber insert superclamps are good for round rails, use a flat C-clamp like a Rowi for tables and lips.

You can buy a 4 pack of the wedges if you lose one and need a replacement.
If you have a problem relating to the Live Music Archive (http://www.archive.org/details/etree) please send an e-mail to us admins at LMA(AT)archive(DOT)org or post in the LMA thread here and we'll get on it.

Link to LMA Recordings

Link to Team Dirty South Recordings on the LMA

Mics: Microtech Gefell M21 (with Nbob actives) | Church Audio CA-11 (cards) (with CA UBB)
Pres: babynbox
Recorders: Tascam DR-60D | Tascam DR-40 | Sony PCM-A10 | Edirol R-4

Offline ycoop

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2018, 07:08:19 PM »

This is what i would use and works great in that situation. Ive had the same issue, even with the wedge in the superclamp.
https://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/aclk?sa=L&ai=DChcSEwiCj5-S5eDbAhXRtcAKHfVPBZ0YABAIGgJpbQ&ohost=www.google.com&cid=CAESQOD2cBbd6HlybuaLcGkm7fo9C6UT431KyU8V5C257vMIqiUHPGP-d3KxVjC2PEV4EqTnF7L9QWnrySyAkO0Mwdw&sig=AOD64_0l_RbK56baWAlEuV9xIc2AnraPzQ&ctype=5&q=&ved=0ahUKEwj0t5WS5eDbAhUs3IMKHc3BBUwQwg8IJg&adurl=

Thanks for the link, I was having trouble finding a clamp with an opening larger than 2”. That price is pretty steep though  :-\
Mics: Avantone CK-1s, AT853 c+o
Pres: CA9100
Recorders: DR-60d mkII, DR-2d

Offline heathen

• Trade Count: (23)
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2018, 07:10:37 PM »
Gear that enables you to set up in the ideal location is worth the expense, IMO.
Mics: AT4050ST | AT4031 | AT853 (C/SC) | Line Audio CM3 | Sennheiser e614 | Sennheiser MKE2 | DPA 4061 Pre: CA9200 Decks: Zoom F8 | Roland R-05

Offline vanark

• TDS
  • Site Supporter
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2018, 07:46:56 PM »
I think I use the Manfrotto quick release more than any other clamp. Although I use superclamps a fair bit too, esp. on round rails.
If you have a problem relating to the Live Music Archive (http://www.archive.org/details/etree) please send an e-mail to us admins at LMA(AT)archive(DOT)org or post in the LMA thread here and we'll get on it.

Link to LMA Recordings

Mics: Microtech Gefell M21 (with Nbob actives) | Church Audio CA-11 (cards) (with CA UBB)

jcable77

« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2018, 08:48:29 PM »

Thanks for the link, I was having trouble finding a clamp with an opening larger than 2”. That price is pretty steep though  :-\
Think i found one on ebay a ways back around 35. It really was worth it. I use it all the time.

mfrench

« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2018, 09:41:04 AM »
clamping to clamps

Offline ycoop

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2018, 03:01:23 PM »
I ended up going with 6” wide jaw impact brand Matthellini type clamp that I found used (open box) on Amazon for $35.
Mics: Avantone CK-1s, AT853 c+o
Pres: CA9100
Recorders: DR-60d mkII, DR-2d

Offline vanark

• TDS
  • Site Supporter
« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2018, 09:36:48 PM »
I ended up going with 6” wide jaw impact brand Matthellini type clamp that I found used (open box) on Amazon for $35.

That's a good deal.

Link to LMA Recordings

Offline jbell

• TDS
  • Trade Count: (149)
  • Spreadicated
« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2018, 05:34:49 PM »
Can anyone share the link to the legs that can be attached to a Manfrotto 099b extension pole??  I can seem to find it searching B&H
Mics: DPA ST4011ER & 4018ER
Preamps: DPA MMA 6000 | Audioroot Femto
Recorders: Sound Devices Mixpre-10 II | Sony PCM A10

-20        -12         -6        TDS   (32/48)     
]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]][}   
]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]][} 
|Record|  Runtime: 4:19.99  {|||] 75%

Offline rippleish20

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Taperssection All-Star
AKG C480B (ck61, ck63, ck8) /  Neumann KM100 (AK40, AK50) / AT853s  (cardiod, omni) / CA-14 (cardiod) / CA-11 (Omni) / Mixpre-10t / Mixpre-6 / Roland R-07 / Zoom F-3
paypal: rippleish20@gmail.com

Offline jbell

• TDS
  • Trade Count: (149)
  • Spreadicated
Mics: DPA ST4011ER & 4018ER
Preamps: DPA MMA 6000 | Audioroot Femto
Recorders: Sound Devices Mixpre-10 II | Sony PCM A10

-20        -12         -6        TDS   (32/48)     
]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]][}   
]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]][} 
|Record|  Runtime: 4:19.99  {|||] 75%

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.123 seconds with 44 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com