Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: bit torent shn file  (Read 8157 times)

Offline nijmegen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
  • I'm a llama!
bit torent shn file
« on: November 24, 2003, 02:21:40 PM »
i have a question about the topic how to tranfer a SHN-file to a MP3 file ????
already thanks

Offline Brian

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re:bit torent shn file
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2003, 05:52:40 PM »
ooooofffff wrong place for a questionlike that.....lookout i see flames in your future....

EDIT: most tapers are bitter enemies with mp3's for all the obvious reasons having to do with lossy compression. and the fact that you want to mp3 a shn file that has been seeded and BT'ed already as a shn doesn't help your cause.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2003, 06:00:10 PM by STL-Taper »

Offline Sean Gallemore

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2003, 06:06:49 PM »
if it must be done, use mkwACT, the instructions are on the interface of the program

cpclark

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2003, 06:08:19 PM »
mp3's are the antichrist, hope this isnt one of my seeds, mkw is the way to go, but i dont recommend it unless its for an ipod or something like that, even though they support wav and aiff

Offline Simp-Dawg

• Bad Little Dawggie
  • Daddy needs a drink!
    • Colorado Tapers
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2003, 06:09:22 PM »
besides the fact that lossy compression is looked down upon, the real issue here is that this is a taping forum and for recording topics, not how do i play the show i just downloaded.  you may have better luck with questions like these at etree.org or by reading the FAQ over there.

but i won't stop there without answering your question.
if you must convert a .shn file to .mp3 (and hopefully only for your personal listening purposes and NOT for further trading or seeding), just download mkwACT from etree.org and use that.  convert the .shns to .wav and then the .wavs to .mp3 with that utility.
there are other options but i think this will be the easiest.  you can use shntool but it's command line driven, not for the faint of heart!  i'm not aware of a program that does straight .shn to .mp3 conversion.
good luck!
CO Crüe Benchwarmer

Playback: Denon DVD-2910 > Denon AVR-3806 > Segue Doghouse Speaker Cable > B&W DM-610i / Klipsch RW-10 Subwoofer

Offline zhianosatch

• Trade Count: (1)
  • god-damned hippies!
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2003, 07:27:53 PM »
you dutch or something? american tapers don't trade mp3s.

Offline zhianosatch

• god-damned hippies!
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2003, 07:28:12 PM »
so don't trade yours when you figure out how to convert

Offline dmonterisi

• Taper Emeritus
  • Site Supporter
  • Stomach Full of Regret
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2003, 07:32:07 PM »
besides the fact that lossy compression is looked down upon, the real issue here is that this is a taping forum and for recording topics, not how do i play the show i just downloaded.  you may have better luck with questions like these at etree.org or by reading the FAQ over there.

all of a sudden we're gonna start enforcing content rules and make fun of this guy in the other forum just because he doesn't speak english very well and happened upon this site.  you would've welcomed him with open arms if all he had done was included a  :smoking2: in his original post.  weak.

Offline zhianosatch

• god-damned hippies!
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2003, 08:12:08 PM »
you would've welcomed him with open arms if all he had done was included a  :smoking2: in his original post.

not i! ;D

Offline zhianosatch

• god-damned hippies!
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2003, 08:18:25 PM »
plus, there are a lot of BETTER ways to do your own research than have it handed to you. the information is out there, official and unadulterated by secondhand renditions. i don't care if he's dutch, but i do care that he's lazy.

Offline Simp-Dawg

• Bad Little Dawggie
  • Daddy needs a drink!
    • Colorado Tapers
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2003, 09:17:13 PM »

all of a sudden we're gonna start enforcing content rules and make fun of this guy in the other forum just because he doesn't speak english very well and happened upon this site.  you would've welcomed him with open arms if all he had done was included a  :smoking2: in his original post.  weak.
come on now.
to say that the reason anyone is bringing up content appropriateness is because of his relative inability to master the english language is far-fetched and insulting to my integrity.
i just think there are other forums and sources of information better suited for this caliber question.  we can safely assume he was not asking because he had recorded something himself and converted it to shn already, if you have enough knowhow as well as the necessary tools to convert a wav to shn, then you likely have the knowhow and tools to convert to mp3.  this is a question coming from someone who has acquired a file in a format that is somewhat unfamiliar to them and doesn't possess sufficient knowledge of the topic of compressed music and format conversion.  we tend to take many of these things for granted here, true, but it is still considered common knowledge.

and to say that all they needed to include was a :smoking2: is preposterous.  i require at least 2  :smoking:  :smoking2:, a handful of  :drunk: :beer1: :badair:, and one of these  :nightfevah: for good measure.
:P
CO Crüe Benchwarmer

Playback: Denon DVD-2910 > Denon AVR-3806 > Segue Doghouse Speaker Cable > B&W DM-610i / Klipsch RW-10 Subwoofer

Offline mikeincharleston

• Look At All These Short Hairy Men...I Feel Like I'm On The Forest Moon Of Endor
  • Too Cool For School!
    • Andolini's Pizza
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2003, 01:54:01 AM »
"you dutch or something? american tapers don't trade mp3s."  LMAO
"I'm not bustin' out a boat oar sober" - Scott 9/21/07

My Trade List  

Upcoming Shows/Events!!!
Phish - N. Charleston Coliseum, Charleston, SC 10/16/10 (First Show In 7.5 Years & Show #33)
The Avett Brothers - S.C. State Fair, Columbia, SC 10/20/10
Dale Waton - Broken Spoke, Austin, TX 10/27/10

Offline EA

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2003, 09:50:28 AM »
 WTF? Maybe the guy wants to convert into MP3 so he can listen to it on his MP3 capable walkman or car stereo. I know lots of people that make MP3 discs to play in their cars/walkman. You guys need to relax. You're jumping on this poor guys shit before you even know what the deal is. I'm glad that every newbie to the list isn't greeted like this.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2003, 09:52:36 AM by EA »
Why is there no boxing in the special olympics?

Offline Mic D

• Habitual Line Stepper
  • Trade Count: (19)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2003, 07:08:10 PM »
I agree with EA. You guys are killin' me...

Offline Lee

• Team Bama
  • "I hate the f***in' eagles, man!"
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2003, 03:26:36 AM »
Denon AVR 3808ci > Paradigm Reference Studio 20 + Velodyne DLS 3750

Offline Sean Gallemore

« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2003, 03:42:02 AM »
i <3 happy tapirs

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.242 seconds with 44 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com