Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Using the V2's trim........  (Read 5843 times)

Jason B

• Trade Count: (0)
Using the V2's trim........
« on: April 24, 2003, 10:22:50 PM »
For those who know.......

What sonic effects do you think the trim on the V2 has on the sound of the recording? I have always shy'ed away from using it at all due to the fact I was worried it would introduce noise by attenuating the signal. This was all when I ran mic into the Mini Me for convenience. Now, I run line into the Mini Me from the V2 and have the Mini Me calibrated to the V2. I hate futzing with a tiny screwdriver at a show, so I would like to use the trim to fine tune the levels. I did it the other night for Will Bernard, but that was an on-stage recording. For those who know, can you shed some light?

-JB

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re:Using the V2's trim........
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2003, 11:01:56 PM »
I've never been able to hear the difference using the V2 with trim v. V2 without trim.  'Course, I just recently upgraded my playback system and still have a way to go, but...haven't heard any difference yet.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline wboswell

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Don't call what you're wearing an outfit
    • Trey Woodruff on guitar
Re:Using the V2's trim........
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2003, 11:32:18 AM »
Check out the thread on the Oade Board that I made a link to a couple of days ago in the 'V3 ?' thread.  The main concern about using the V2 trim is decreasing the headroom on the input side of pre.

What sonic differences have you been able to tell going line in to the MMe rather than mic in?  I have only heard marginal differences, though I am not certain that each of the V2>MMe tapes I have were recorded line in.

Thanks!

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.045 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com