Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Wich Camcorder I Should Use ???  (Read 2149 times)

Offline Metallifitz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Wich Camcorder I Should Use ???
« on: January 12, 2007, 10:37:52 AM »
Hy Everybody!

I have some questions and i hope someone can help me out here... to find the right camcorder...

In March i go on tour as an roady with 3 bands and i want to tape every show on this 14 day trip.
This is a chance to tape the whole tour of those 3 bands. My questions is the following:
Wich digital camcorder is the best for this. I mean, i have not the time to transfer the recordings on a HD or an Lap Top.
Is a DVD camcorder the best thing i can use? Not the DVD recorder with 1,4 GB format.
Some of the DVD Camcorders have dolby digital microphones and others have not. What camcorder
besides DVD is also very good to took it on the road? Will be very happy if someone can help me a little.
I have an old Hi8 camcorder but that one is not worth to record all shows.
Thanks in advance!!

Offline Metallifitz

• Taperssection Newbie
Re: Wich Camcorder I Should Use ???
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2007, 10:45:34 AM »
My Budget is around 500 - 750 € + 200 more if necessary

Offline greatape

• Taperssection Regular
    • www.youtube.com/GreatTapes
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2007, 12:43:14 PM »
Definitely not a DVD camcorder, especially if you want to edit at a later time.  They compress to MPEG. 
MiniDV is great.

http://www.camcorderinfo.com/d/Reviews&level_b=Camcorder.htm
Camcorderinfo is a great resource for evaluating cameras in your price range.  You'll want to look for something that works well in low light.  That usually means bigger CCD sizes.  3CCD has a chip for each of the primary colors but that doesn't really make much difference when it comes to low-light performance.  Ideally, you'd want 3 big CCDs.

I've heard good things about Panasonic cameras, and many say they have better audio performance.  That may not matter if you'll have a soundboard feed or good audience recordings.  I recorded a show with a borrowed Panasonic AG-DVC30 and fell in love with it.  It's about $2,000 though.
Of course there is nothing wrong with other brands.  You really need to consider each individual model.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 03:11:14 PM by greatape »
My Videos:
http://www.youtube.com/GreatTapes

Audio:
Church Audio STC11 Cardioids>ST9000>Tascam Dr2d

Photo/Video:
Panasonic GH2
Canon HV30/HV20

Offline BayTaynt3d

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Live from San Francisco
    • BayTaper.com
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2007, 01:32:26 PM »
There's no doubt in my mind: MiniDV, preferably a 3 CCD cam. DVD sucks, and HDV is going to be a PITA (not to mention I'm not sure your budget can handle HD). My two cents at least...
BayTaper.com | One Man’s Multimedia Journey Through the San Francisco Jazz & Creative Music Scene

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.056 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com