Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Anybody ever shop at bestpricecameras.com?  (Read 3357 times)

Offline coloartist

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • MGoldey -"you can shove those mics up your ass
Anybody ever shop at bestpricecameras.com?
« on: April 10, 2007, 06:15:58 PM »
If it sounds too good to be true. It usually is.

http://www.bestpricecameras.com/prodetails.aspx?prodid=308260
mk4>Kwon/din a/din>kc5>cmc6>kindkables XLR>788T
mk22>Kwon/NOS>kc5>cmc6>kindkablesXLR>788t                                                     
Canon XH-A1 Sony AX100                       
Samsung Backlit LED 55">Pioneer Elite SC-27>Snell Acoustics E.5  Series

Offline Josh P

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: Anybody ever shop at bestpricecameras.com?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2007, 06:24:09 PM »
http://forums.photographyreview.com/showthread.php?t=10918

definitely too good to be true.  Unfortunately there's tons of places like this operating all over NYC.  There is a website (which I can't find at the moment) which has snapshots of the "storefronts" of hundreds (if not thousands, I can't remember) of these online camera/electronics stores.  The guy who runs the site and takes the pictures lives in NYC and rides his bike around to all the address' he can find and posts what he finds.

EDIT: oops :)  and the majority of those places are sleezy shitholes that look like someones apartment with a sign with "A+ Electronics" on the door.

You're not going to get any deals on professional gear unless you've got an in with a manufacturer or wholesaler.  B and H all the way for us common folk!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 06:32:32 PM by Carl Z »

Offline coloartist

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2007, 06:33:24 PM »
I always use B&H, myself.

Passover has been going forever!
Canon XH-A1 Sony AX100                       

Offline Josh P

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2007, 06:38:59 PM »
I always use B&H, myself.

Passover has been going forever!

haha, tell me about it.  I ordered a 1080p upconverting dvd player a couple weeks ago and it hasn't shipped!

Offline coloartist

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2007, 03:21:34 PM »
These reviews of Best Price Cameras are hilarious.

http://www.epinions.com/pr-Online_Stores_Services-Best_Price_Cameras/display_~reviews

One example:

Do NOT buy from this website! The people that work there are extremely rude and dishonest. I tried to purchase a Minolta camera, I thought it was a reasonable price, and it stated on the website that it came with all the included accessories. I chose UPS ground shipping, which was an outrageous $70, but even after that it was still a reasonable price. I received an e-mail about a week later telling me to call to confirm the order. I was on hold for about an hour until someone finally answered. It turns out that all they were selling me was the camera, and nothing else. They wanted me to pay $120 just for the battery! Then they wanted another $200 for a tripod and a warranty. I told them that all I wanted is the camera. I can get a battery and a tripod for under $50 at one of the electronics stores near my house. They said that I have to buy the battery and tried to get me to buy the warranty. I told them no, then I was transferred to this guy named Adam, who tried to get me to buy even more stuff, like filters and a camera bag. I told him just to cancel the order. Every one, especially him, are extremely rude. He literally yelled after I told him I wanted to cancel the order and said "So now its our fault?" After that I hung up the phone. The next day I got a call from capital one fraud detection department saying they wanted to verify some purchases. One of them included a $1000 charge to best price cameras. I told them that charge was not authorized and I would try to take care of it, but I might have to file a chargeback. I called best price cameras and they said they had no record of me cancelling the order, and if I wanted to cancel it, there would be a %15 restocking fee, which was $150! I told them that I would not pay for that, and finally I just hung up the phone and called back capital one to tell them to file a chargeback. Several days after that several charges for $1000 and $3000 appeared on my cared for some "ram nam rim spa" in bangcock, ti. I then had to file several more chargebacks and report my card stolen.

This has been one of the worst buying experiences I have ever had on the internet and I will never buy from them again. Their staff is rude, dishonest and very unprofessional.
Canon XH-A1 Sony AX100                       

Offline SClassical

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2007, 05:31:11 PM »
A lot of electrical store people have serious social ethical problems... they are either rude or try to scam you. In places like Hong Kong (and I'm sure in many other major tourist cities) where a lot of tourist purchase electrical goods there are a lot of small dodgy electrical stores with items without price tags. Maybe some of your who have been there will know. And you have to walk in and ask for the price. And the price they quote is usually higher than department stores if you look like a tourist. My mother (who did not know anything about how much electrical stuff is worth) purchased a portable minidisc recorder for $2000. I was so angry at her when I found out how much she paid for something worth only $150. Cann't stand these eletrical store people.
Mics: DPA3552 kit/DPA3521 kit/DPA SMK4081 kit/DPA SMK4060 kit/Schoeps 2X MK21, 2X MK22 and 2X MK4v and 2X Schoeps CCM2S
Mixers/preamps: Sonosax SX-M32/Sonosax SX-M2 LS/Grace Design V3/DPA MMA6000/Millennia HV-32P
Recorders: SD722/PCM-D50/MT2
Playback: Grace m903 - Sennheiser HD650 / Bowers & Wilkins Nautilus 805s

Offline Ed.

• your popsicle's melting
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • FJ Baby!
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2007, 03:08:17 PM »
when buying anything camera wise I highly suggest looking at http://www.resellerratings.com/ first.

Also, on the photo side of things, I've always had great success at http://www.digitalfotoclub.com/ - I've bought tons of big money items there and have always had the products quickly and securely shipped, that camera isn't listed though, but for photo stuff, there prices beat b&h hands down.

Because nothing says "I have lots of money and am sort of confused as to how to spend it" like Bose.

Offline mmmatt

• taping > photography
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • ... A broken angel sings from a guitar
    • LightCraft Photography
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2007, 07:26:02 AM »
when buying anything camera wise I highly suggest looking at http://www.resellerratings.com/ first.

Also, on the photo side of things, I've always had great success at http://www.digitalfotoclub.com/ - I've bought tons of big money items there and have always had the products quickly and securely shipped, that camera isn't listed though, but for photo stuff, there prices beat b&h hands down.

www.Pricegrabber.com is a good resource too.  They have real ratings of the merchants they list and I have not been burned yet from any of their vendors.  The prices they quote are always accurate too.  I agree that digitalfotoclub.com has great prices.  I bought my canon 70-200 f4L there and had no problems.  I have also used sigma4less.com and they can't be beat for the Sigma stuff.  I am in the process of dropping about $6K on new photo gear and I will probably order from multiple vendors unless I can get somebody to price match the whole package.  No one retailer seems to have the best price on everything I'm looking for so I guess we'll see.
    As for the main point of this thread, I did attempt to order an xti from these assclowns (bestpricecameras), and everything the reviews say is true.  When ordering I figured I would take the chance for less than $300.  Well, after not letting them upgrade my battery and getting hung up on a few times, they told me it would be 6 weeks before it was shipped, and they never did charge my card or ship the product.  I have been watching my statement like a hawk and will be dumping the card soon due to a move and new bank account next week anyways so I'm not worried about it.  Sure wish their prices were real, but they aren't!

Matt
I do think taping is the reality of the business..it is also an impetus for artists to create studio CDs that are ART, not just another recording...    Fareed Haque  2-4-2005

Canon 24-70 f2.8L, Canon 135 f2L, Canon 70-200 f4L, Canon 50 f1.8, > Canon 5D or Canon xt (digi) and Canon 1N (film)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.065 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com