Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: ID3 tags in Itunes (on a Mac)  (Read 2983 times)

Offline Jhurlbs81

• Trade Count: (20)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • My LMA collection
ID3 tags in Itunes (on a Mac)
« on: December 18, 2007, 12:05:12 PM »
Hey All,
   I have an intel iMac and I just recently purchased an Ipod.  I want to transfer my recordings into Itunes and have them sort correctly.  Are there any programs for Mac that will translate FLAC tags to ID3?  I'm a total NOOB when it comes to Itunes.  Any help would be appreciated!

Jesse
FREE JERRYFREAK!

Offline RRobar

• Mac Design Geek
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • "It's allgood ....brah!"
    • Headway Graphixx
Re: ID3 tags in Itunes (on a Mac)
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2007, 12:36:45 PM »
well you could use xACT to tag them all. I use xACT to create MP3 (for personal use), then Import them all into iTunes. Then I created a playlist (not necessary but it saves me a step later) drag the newly imported mp3's into the playlist. Then select them all and if using a 2 button muse right click and select "Get Info" you can also go up under "File>Get Info" or if you love keyboard shortcuts (cmd)apple +i.

This will allow you to name all the stuff that is all the same like artist, album, Notes (which I use for source info) also assign it for gapless playback and put a cover image. I hit "OK" and let it rename them all. Then select the top one in the playlist and get info again. You can name each song title and click the next button and name the next one. I normally save typing so I skip the last step and just click in the song title and the copy the song name out of the .txt file and past it into the song title spot. Like I said just to save a few keys of entry.

There are a few apps on versiontracker.com for renaming ID3 tags. But they are all seem to not really do much more than doing it straight in iTunes. Not the most time efficient method I guess, but it only takes a few minutes to do it all in the end. No more than 3 - 4 min for a show.

Plus by doing so I assign the gapless playback which if you have a new ipod works great. Mine is old so it does not work. But lately I listen mostly on my MacBook so it's all good.

Oh yeah, with xACT you can go straight from .shn or Flac to MP3 which is sweet! Saves more steps and CD-R's!
« Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 12:38:41 PM by RRobar »
Need Graphic Design Work? Goto http://www.headwaygraphixx.com

Offline Jhurlbs81

• My LMA collection
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2007, 06:37:56 PM »
+T for the detailed response.  That worked perfectly.  I should go buy "I tunes for dummies". ;)

Thanks again,
Jesse
FREE JERRYFREAK!

Offline Jhurlbs81

• My LMA collection
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2007, 07:49:50 PM »
Can anyone tell me how to keep I Tunes from auto-filling the name as I begin to type?  This is happening when I'm adding the artist, album info.

Much Thanks,
Jesse
FREE JERRYFREAK!

Offline RRobar

• Mac Design Geek
  • "It's allgood ....brah!"
    • Headway Graphixx
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2007, 10:06:51 PM »
Not sure, I actually don't mind it at all. It makes things a bit quicker. Especially if you are doing multiple night runs at the same venue. Saves a few keystrokes, just change the date. I group everything and select them all just so I don't have to do them seperately.
Need Graphic Design Work? Goto http://www.headwaygraphixx.com

Offline willndmb

• Trade Count: (17)
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2007, 11:06:05 PM »
Can anyone tell me how to keep I Tunes from auto-filling the name as I begin to type?  This is happening when I'm adding the artist, album info.

Much Thanks,
Jesse
i don't know but sometimes its great other times its a bitch
i wish i could just clear it somehow at least that would save me lots of time
Mics - AKG ck61/ck63 (c480b & Naiant actives), SP-BMC-2
XLR Cables - Silver Path w/Darktrain stubbies
Interconnect Cables - Dogstar (XLR), Darktrain (RCA > 1/8) (1/8 > 1/8), and Kind Kables (1/8f > 1/4)
Preamps - Naiant Littlebox & Tinybox
Recorders - PCM-M10 & DR-60D

Depechemode1993

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2007, 05:19:32 PM »

Much Thanks,
Jesse

Jesse,

I don't know if this will help but select all the songs you would like from that particular show and press ctrl and the mouse to show the "get info" and put the band and album name into the fields where its necessary. after that all you need to do is put in the song titles so you don't have the problem with autofill. I hope this helps. but it might not.

Offline keytohwy

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2008, 11:00:54 AM »
That's pretty much the same method I use, except I go FLAC to AAC via Toast.  Anyway, a little tip, when you are naming the songs, you can just hit Command-N instead of reaching for the mouse and pressing the 'Next' button.

Saves me time...

keytohwy

well you could use xACT to tag them all. I use xACT to create MP3 (for personal use), then Import them all into iTunes. Then I created a playlist (not necessary but it saves me a step later) drag the newly imported mp3's into the playlist. Then select them all and if using a 2 button muse right click and select "Get Info" you can also go up under "File>Get Info" or if you love keyboard shortcuts (cmd)apple +i.

This will allow you to name all the stuff that is all the same like artist, album, Notes (which I use for source info) also assign it for gapless playback and put a cover image. I hit "OK" and let it rename them all. Then select the top one in the playlist and get info again. You can name each song title and click the next button and name the next one. I normally save typing so I skip the last step and just click in the song title and the copy the song name out of the .txt file and past it into the song title spot. Like I said just to save a few keys of entry.

There are a few apps on versiontracker.com for renaming ID3 tags. But they are all seem to not really do much more than doing it straight in iTunes. Not the most time efficient method I guess, but it only takes a few minutes to do it all in the end. No more than 3 - 4 min for a show.

Plus by doing so I assign the gapless playback which if you have a new ipod works great. Mine is old so it does not work. But lately I listen mostly on my MacBook so it's all good.

Oh yeah, with xACT you can go straight from .shn or Flac to MP3 which is sweet! Saves more steps and CD-R's!

Offline morst

• I think I found an error on the internet; #UnionStrong
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2008, 10:21:42 PM »
  Anyway, a little tip, when you are naming the songs, you can just hit Command-N instead of reaching for the mouse and pressing the 'Next' button.

Saves me time...

HOLY UNDOCUMENTED FEATURES, BATMAN!!

Thanks a ton! +t!!!
https://toad.social/@morst spoutible.com/morst post.news/@acffhmorst

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.052 seconds with 38 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com