Gear / Technical Help > Playback Forum

New Build Super Duper Thorens TD 150 Teaser

(1/4) > >>

raymonda:
I am building another highly modded and tricked out Thorens TD 150. It will have a solid, finger jointed, cherry plinth, which will be 1.5". At will have an extended arm board so that a wider choice of arms can be used. It will sport a Grace G940 tone arm, carbon fiber arm board and top plate and use an Origin Live motor for super stable performance. The table has extensive use of damping material to neutralize unwanted vibrations. I also have a NOS Adcom cartridge that will be mounted.

I'm just waiting on the plinth to be finished, which should be complete in a week or so. After this is will be assembled. It will be super nice but the price will most likely be around $2500, plus or minus 200. This one will top the last one I built, which now belongs to an owner who also has a VPI Direct Drive, $25,000. He really likes the table he got from me at 1/10 the price of his other spread and plays it regularly.

Picture will be forth coming as the build moves on.

Colin Liston:
I wish I was your neighbor

nickgregory:

--- Quote from: Colin Liston on November 18, 2016, 09:24:01 PM ---I wish I was your neighbor

--- End quote ---
seconded

raymonda:
Plinth is almost done, as is carbon fiber top plate and extended carbon fiber arm board. Here are a few shots of where things are at.

1) Platter has been polished
2) TD 150 full dampening material applied
3) Origin Live motor installed
4) Thakker belt installed
5) Tone arm cable almost completed. Still need to solder the DIN.
6) NOS Adcom MC cartridge waiting to be mounted.

Here are some shots of the pieces waiting for construction. I'll take some shots of the Origin Live motor fit and underside application of the dampening material and post them later.

Fried Chicken Boy:

--- Quote from: Colin Liston on November 18, 2016, 09:24:01 PM ---I wish I was your neighbor

--- End quote ---

LOL!  Always look forward your build threads, raymonda.  Thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version