Gear / Technical Help > Playback Forum

Fiio X1 v2 - anyone have this?

(1/5) > >>

jagraham:
Anyone use a Fiio x1 gen 2? I just noticed this product the other day. If I'm not mistaken, it only has 1 sd slot (vs 2 on the x3 and x5). However, the unit runs for around ~100. Are there any other disadvantages to x1 gen 2 other than the single sd slot? I think I saw a review on Amazon that said it could benefit from a headphone preamp. I'm curious what the TS thinks.

ts:
I have one. Yes, one slot. Not a big deal for me cause I also have an X5 II. I also have a small FIIO amp paired with it. Even picked up a slick leather sleeve for it. Anyway, I find I use the 5 much more often, so I'm thinking of selling the X1 with amp and case.

Edit: mine is a version 1. Sorry.

kindms:
just grabbed an x1 2nd gen. i have it in hand and putting it through the paces now. straight to headphones. drives mt AT-50s easily. sounds good but only about 10 minutes of listening so far

it has bluetooth which was a surprise. i thought only the other models had it

kindms:
one thing i have noticed about this thing is that gapless playback doesnt seem to work. Which is one of the reasons I got it. I guess this 2nd gen has a problem as I just found a 115 page thread at head-fi.org discussing it. I updated to the latest firmware which still doesnt address the problem. So anyone considering this device keep that in mind. I hope they fix it in firmware but youd think that would be a thing they would test

fanofjam:

--- Quote from: kindms on December 27, 2016, 09:01:10 AM ---one thing i have noticed about this thing is that gapless playback doesnt seem to work. Which is one of the reasons I got it. I guess this 2nd gen has a problem as I just found a 115 page thread at head-fi.org discussing it. I updated to the latest firmware which still doesnt address the problem. So anyone considering this device keep that in mind. I hope they fix it in firmware but youd think that would be a thing they would test

--- End quote ---

Interesting...I have the X3 v1 and this isn't an issue.  The X3 has served me well, but after using it habitually for at least the last two years, I'm a bit tired of the interface and just decided to switch it up. 

I just ordered the Astell and Kern AK Jr from B&H for $199 (open box version...the new version is $269).  Looking forward to giving it a whirl.  My expectations are a slight sound improvement and enhanced interface with the touch screen. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version