Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: ISO DAT Transfers  (Read 2958 times)

Offline jfrasan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
ISO DAT Transfers
« on: August 29, 2018, 02:30:06 AM »
During the late 90s I was a taper/trader in the Southeast. I did all the taper friendly bands that came through and then some. I had a Nak100 setup for awhile and then AKG 481s. I also did some stealth stuff. I was often the sole taper at shows in middle tennessee. I don't have the time nor equipment to put these DATS on a HD. Is there anybody who can help? I'd have to count but I've got 100s of hours of music.

Any suggestions welcome.
Jai Sanders

Offline Scooter123

• "I am not an alcoholic. I am a drunk. Drunks don't go to meetings."
  • Trade Count: (9)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: ISO DAT Transfers
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2018, 11:32:45 AM »
Most larger cities have vendors which transfer DAT tapes to wave.  The price varies but will run about $50-100 plus the hard drive.  Pay attention to the gear the vendor uses, I have Sony 7040 which was in its day, the finest DAT machine made, costing $10,000.  The vendor will also need a reciprocal machine either recording directly to the hard drive, which I do not like (some errant anomalies) or to a dedicated digital in recorder like a Tascam D680 and the reciprocal machine set to the digital output of the DAT, i.e., 16 or 48.  In my case, I needed an adapter to go from the DAT to SPDIF.  The DAT has to be fast forwarded a couple times to loosen it up.  The transfer is obviously made in real time, so a two hour show takes two hours to transfer.  DATs have their own anomalies so the completed tape has to be spot reviewed by ear and reviewed in a wave editor to spot those sonic anomalies. 
Regards,
Scooter123

mk41 > N Box  > Sony M-10
mk4 > N Box > Sony M-10

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2018, 11:46:11 AM »
During the late 90s I was a taper/trader in the Southeast. I did all the taper friendly bands that came through and then some. I had a Nak100 setup for awhile and then AKG 481s. I also did some stealth stuff. I was often the sole taper at shows in middle tennessee. I don't have the time nor equipment to put these DATS on a HD. Is there anybody who can help? I'd have to count but I've got 100s of hours of music.

Any suggestions welcome.
Jai Sanders

Have any Phish or related material in there???  How about Pavement/Malkmus, King Crimson, or Morphine???

Terry
***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

Offline barrettphisher

• Trade Count: (21)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2018, 01:13:44 PM »
Please start a list of what you have and post here, I'm sure there would be someone interested in helping you out here.  Thanks!
Barrett Miller
Mics: ADK A51 TL's C12s, at853's (card, hyper, sub, and omni caps), Michael Joly Premium Electronics Modded Oktava mk012s (Card, Hyper and Omni caps), Busman BSC1 Stereo Kit, and Oktava 319.
Pres: V3 opti/M-S Modded, BM2p+ UA5, church audio 9100, 3 wire BB
Recorders:  Busman Mod Tascam DR-680, ACM HD-P2, HD-P2, MT2 x2, D50, M10, JB3 x2, M1, D8

Offline noahbickart

• phishrabbi
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (33)
  • So now I wander over grounds of light...
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2018, 01:21:58 PM »
I’ll gladly help transfer if you send me tapes, depending on what it is.
Recording:
Capsules: Schoeps mk41v (x2), mk22 (x2), mk3 (x2), mk21 & mk8
Cables: 2x nbob KCY, 1 pair nbob actives, GAKables 10' & 20' 6-channel snakes, Darktrain 2 & 4 channel KCY and mini xlr extensions:
Preamps:    Schoeps VMS 02iub, Naiant IPA, Sound Devices Mixpre6 I
Recorders: Sound Devices Mixpre6 I, Sony PCM m10

Home Playback: Mac Mini> Mytek Brooklyn+> McIntosh MC162> Eminent Tech LFT-16; Musical Fidelity xCan v2> Hifiman HE-4XX / Beyerdynamic DT880

Office Playback: iMac> Grace m903> AKG k701 / Hifiman HE-400

Offline eman

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Return of the Shredi
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2018, 03:25:53 PM »
I just got a DA30 MKII in good shape, let me know if you get a list together.
Theologically speaking, the two parties have divided the Seven Deadly Sins as follows: Republicans oppose lust, sloth and envy; Democrats scorn gluttony, greed, wrath and pride. Little progress is reported. -Gene Lyons

Offline Mansfieldstake

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2018, 03:24:02 PM »
I have a bunch of DATs from the 90's including some early Keller Williams shows where I know I was the only taper. I'm interested in learning how to transfer the DATs to a computer (I still own two working DAT machines), but would also be open to having someone else do the transfers.

I'm a brand new member to this Forum and it appears I'm not able to send PMs yet. I would be extremely grateful if someone could PM me to discuss further. Many thanks.

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2018, 04:14:42 PM »
it appears I'm not able to send PMs yet

Your PMs should be good to go, now.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.077 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com