Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: running mic in with the DR07  (Read 2354 times)

Offline jagraham

• Trade Count: (20)
  • Needs to get out more...
running mic in with the DR07
« on: July 12, 2010, 11:10:46 PM »
who has experience using the phantom power from the dr07 with CA-11s?  i know its been mentioned in threads before but i think it deserves its own thread due to an issue i had with it.  this weekend, i did several shows with the CA-11s and CA Omnis > DR-07 and both setups ended up with the right channel significantly lower than the left.  neither set of mics has that issue when run line in > dr07 or any other recorder.  but with the power from the dr07 the right channel is always lower.  even when i amplify the low channel separately, the recording is still way heavy in the left.  no idea what i could possibly be doing wrong.  any ideas?
Mics: Nak CM-300s, Nak CM-100s, CP-1s, CP-2s, AT-853s(Cards, Hypers, Omnis) CA-14s(Cards, Omnis)
Pres: CA STC-9200, CA-UBB
Recorders: Tascam DR-70D, DR-2D, Edirol R-09

ISO: 1 Teac ME-120, CP-3 Caps, AT-853 Subcard Caps

Offline the_artist

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Re: running mic in with the DR07
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 03:14:29 AM »
who has experience using the phantom power from the dr07 with CA-11s?  i know its been mentioned in threads before but i think it deserves its own thread due to an issue i had with it.  this weekend, i did several shows with the CA-11s and CA Omnis > DR-07 and both setups ended up with the right channel significantly lower than the left.  neither set of mics has that issue when run line in > dr07 or any other recorder.  but with the power from the dr07 the right channel is always lower.  even when i amplify the low channel separately, the recording is still way heavy in the left.  no idea what i could possibly be doing wrong.  any ideas?

I run SP-TFB-2 in ear binaurals straight in to the mic plug on a DR-07.  These aren't sold as matched pairs though they say you will get maybe 2db diff at most and that's what I have gotten as a general rule. So I always assumed the 2-3 db difference between the L/R channels was related to that. But in any case the most difference I've ever gotten was 2-3db and a 2-3db amplification of that channel worked fine. 

I have realized recently that when the batteries start to get close to death the R channel is a little noisier so it may weel be a D-07 design feature.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.056 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com