Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: PLease Help  (Read 2625 times)

Offline deadcreekphish

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
    • https://archive.org/search.php?query=Scott%20Medeiros
PLease Help
« on: April 10, 2014, 10:30:12 AM »
I have a tascam dr-2d that i have mics plugged into levels are fine but when i try to line out to computer it doesnt recognize my tascam dr-2d  im using window 8 mand adobe audition
Recently i gota new computer and was able to do this on vista!!!

Offline bombdiggity

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: PLease Help
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 04:41:16 PM »
Windoze 8 strikes again...
Gear:
Audio:
Schoeps MK4V
Nak CM-100/CM-300 w/ CP-1's or CP-4's
SP-CMC-25
>
Oade C mod R-44  OR
Tinybox > Sony PCM-M10 (formerly Roland R-05) 
Video: Varied, with various outboard mics depending on the situation

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2014, 05:24:37 PM »
Analog line-out from the DR2d's headphone jack?  Make sure the headphone output level is up and remember that you only the mic-input shows up at the headphone jack when recording 4 channel, not the line-input.   You can switch between the two to check input levels on the display while recording, but the output does not switch.  I can't remember if there is a monitor out on/off switch on the menu which needs to be switched on like there is on the R-09.

But when you say "the computer does not recognize the tascam" it sounds like you are talking about a USB connection not an audio line-out connection.  The DR2d does not function as an audio interface.  The USB connection is only for transfering previousy recorded files.  If file transfer using a USB cable is the problem, remove the SD card and use a card reader.
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline jerryfreak

• No PZ
  • Trade Count: (31)
  • The plural of anecdote is not data
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2014, 06:36:23 PM »
might i suggest putting dr2d in your subject instead of 'please help'? you'll get better feedback and the thread will be searchable for people in the future :)
Unable to post or PM due to arbitrary censorship of people the mod doesn't like. Please email me using the link in my profile if you need to connect

Offline yltfan

• Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2014, 07:52:29 PM »
remove the SD card and use a card reader.
Mics: AT4051, AT4053, KM140, AKG C414, Beyerdynamic MEM86 guns, Nak cm300, AT853 4.7mod
Pre: V3, CA-9100
Recorders: Busman DR-680, iRivers, minidisc, jb3, and DAT

Dime torrents: http://www.dimeadozen.org/account-details.php?id=88009

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.056 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com