Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: What bag do you run with 680 and an external pre? (I will have a mini-me)  (Read 3355 times)

Offline waltmon

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Needs to get out more...
My goal is to keep it small yet have enough room...I tend to be a hoarder :)   I have a big Tamerac bag I use for fests, etc.  I'm looking at the Portabrace for 680 but don't see that working with an external pre.   Next favorite is the Petrol 601.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 04:13:34 PM by waltmon »
KM140's, KM150's, U89's, Mixpre-10T II, 788T, F3

CA-14 > UBB > Tascam DR-2D

1 pound non-sequential $50.00 bills

Offline achalsey

• Trade Count: (29)
I use a soniccase 4 shelf.  It's probably not the ideal bag, but I've gotten used to it and like it.  It's also not particularly compact.  I use the extra bag attachment for all my miscellaneous stuff that I never end up needing but always bring just in case.

Offline Cobiwan

• Trade Count: (21)
  • Taperssection Member
I've got a HD-P2 that I run with the Mini Me. I use a Lowepro ProMag 1 AW (which they don't make anymore) and it's a perfect fit. The problem with the MiniMe is that it requires a bag that is at least 12" of interior height to have the face up while running, along with right angle XLRs to save an inch or so. When looking for a bag that's what your looking for, something that has interior dimension of at least 12" in height.
"Without music, life would be a mistake."
Friedrich Nietzsche

Mics:
2 matched pairs of Oktava MK-012 MSP6 with Bill Sitler mod + cardioid, hyper-cardioid, and omni capsules
Church Audio CA-14 omni/UBB
Sonic Studios DSM-6S
Recorders:
Tascam HD-P2, Tascam DR-680, Zoom F-8
Cables:
Gakables XLR, S/PDIF, battery and umbrella, DigiGal AES > S/PDIF, Darktrain hot swap battery

Member of DiGiHoArDeRs

Offline waltmon

I just found a "like new " Pro mag 1....Does it have a decent padded strap? The pro 2 seemed to.

Offline Cobiwan

• Taperssection Member
Yeah the strap is nicely padded and curved, not straight, so it wraps over the shoulder nicely. I put in a cardboard divider and turn the pad at bottom of the bag on its side so the HD-P2 sits on top of it. That way the face of the MiniMe and the P2 are are at the top of the bag opening. I carry my mics in a separate small Pelican style case. I can add a pic later tonight if you like.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 06:40:20 PM by cobiwan »
Friedrich Nietzsche

Mics:
2 matched pairs of Oktava MK-012 MSP6 with Bill Sitler mod + cardioid, hyper-cardioid, and omni capsules
Sonic Studios DSM-6S
Recorders:
Cables:
Gakables XLR, S/PDIF, battery and umbrella, DigiGal AES > S/PDIF, Darktrain hot swap battery

Member of DiGiHoArDeRs

Offline waltmon

awesome thank you

Offline Colin Liston

• Trade Count: (8)
I use a soniccase 4 shelf.  It's probably not the ideal bag, but I've gotten used to it and like it.  It's also not particularly compact.  I use the extra bag attachment for all my miscellaneous stuff that I never end up needing but always bring just in case.

How do you keep your soniccase shelves upright?  I've had one for years but hardly use it because everything flops over because the shelves won't stay upright.
Occasionally....music mics record

Offline achalsey

• Trade Count: (29)
They are pretty floppy, which is annoying.  The V2 sags forward a bit.  I just keep each section full enough so they kind of support each other.  And  just try to make sure each divider is fully velcro'ed to the sides.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 09:02:57 PM by achalsey »

Offline Colin Liston

• Trade Count: (8)
They are pretty floppy, which is annoying.  The V2 sags forward a bit.  I just keep each section full enough so they kind of support each other.  And  just try to make sure each divider is fully velcro'ed to the sides.

Gotcha, thanks.  Sounds like mine
Occasionally....music mics record

Offline Cobiwan

• Taperssection Member
Here's what the P2 and MiniMe look like in the Lowepro. This is how I would run the rig. For transport I turn the pad back down flat at the bottom of the bag and turn the Mini Me on its side. This allows for other things to be added to the top. I usually carry batteries and 15' cables in the front pouch.
Again I use right angle chopped XLRs and a right angle SPDIF cable Ted made for me to get the MiniMe to sit in the bag, not poking out the top. I usually use a gallon ziplock with the sides split to cover everything for water/spill protection. I'm still trying to find a better see thru cover though. The Lowepro has a built in rain slick that pulls out the back if you needed to waterproof the whole bag, which is nice.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 12:22:33 AM by cobiwan »
Friedrich Nietzsche

Mics:
Sonic Studios DSM-6S
Recorders:
Cables:

Member of DiGiHoArDeRs

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.081 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com