Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: nbox platinum I  (Read 71076 times)

Offline jbell

• TDS
  • Trade Count: (149)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Spreadicated
Re: nbox platinum I
« Reply #195 on: April 30, 2015, 07:35:42 PM »
Nice to know!!  Thanks

Does the Platinum only take 3 batteries??  The old Nbox needs 4

Over 100 hours. No other pre amp gave us over 100 hours on three 9 volts.

The Kcy version uses 3 batteries. Th other versions use 4
Mics: DPA ST4011ER & 4018ER | Neumann kk 184 (matched)> Nbob/PFA
Preamps: DPA MMA 6000 | Audioroot Femto
Recorders: Sound Devices Mixpre-10 II | Sony PCM A10

-20        -12         -6        TDS   (32/48)     
]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]][}   
]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]][} 
|Record|  Runtime: 4:19.99  {|||] 75%

Offline jmerin

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #196 on: April 30, 2015, 08:00:24 PM »
That could be because no other preamp used 3 9Vs, but a v2 littlebox running 4x AA or 2x 9V would have run 60 hours powering KCY.  A KCY tinybox with the high efficiency amp would have run 40 hours with a battery that was only 4.8Wh, which is a bit less than a single 9V.

I tried your tiny box and could not make a complete recording. There must be a reason that you are not making any new boxes or supporting your old ones.
Mics: Schoeps MK4's | Schoeps MK41's | Schoeps Mk21's
Pre-Amps: Schoeps VMS02ib | Nbox Platinum KCY
Cables: KCY 250/5 Ig (2)
Recorders: Sony M10  | Tascam 70D l Edirol R-44

Offline gormenghast

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #197 on: April 30, 2015, 11:32:59 PM »
That could be because no other preamp used 3 9Vs, but a v2 littlebox running 4x AA or 2x 9V would have run 60 hours powering KCY.  A KCY tinybox with the high efficiency amp would have run 40 hours with a battery that was only 4.8Wh, which is a bit less than a single 9V.

I tried your tiny box and could not make a complete recording. There must be a reason that you are not making any new boxes or supporting your old ones.

That wasn't very nice. 
A lot of people run a race to see who is the fastest. I run to see who has the most guts, who can punish himself into exhausting pace, and then at the end, punish himself even more.

Offline colargol

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #198 on: May 01, 2015, 01:34:22 AM »

Let's not turn this into one of those nasty threads... I have nbox platinum and tinybox, and I am very happy with both. My tinybox runs 30-40 hours continously on one charge.

-colargol
MK4s/MK41s > nbob actives > tinybox/babynbox > M10/A10

Online tim in jersey

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #199 on: May 01, 2015, 02:47:39 AM »

Let's not turn this into one of those nasty threads... I have nbox platinum and tinybox, and I am very happy with both. My tinybox runs 30-40 hours continously on one charge.

-colargol

X2

I have both a stock nbox and a TB with OT. I've pulled serious heat with both boxes on 007 missions.

My only complaint about the stock nbox was the battery consumption. Now that that particular playing-field has been leveled, I choose the nbox.

I prefer the sound of the nbox and the simplicity of operation.

Offline gmm6797

• Schoeps MK4 > nBoxPlat > Sony A10/SDMixPre6/SD 722
    • Homepage
« Reply #200 on: May 01, 2015, 09:38:09 AM »
My only complaint about the stock nbox was the battery consumption. Now that that particular playing-field has been leveled, I choose the nbox.
I prefer the sound of the nbox and the simplicity of operation.

Agreed on both sides, and rants can zip-it

Offline jmerin

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #201 on: May 01, 2015, 10:07:52 AM »
Here is a sample of my issue with Naint's Tiny box. Please note I changed out the pre amp for my sono sax and did not hear this weird noise. He would NOT answer any of my emails or phone calls (Bad business). When I tried to get my money back, he was extremely rude. I eventually got it back. I had similar issues on every recording I tried to make.

https://soundcloud.com/tapeworm-1/tiny-box-issue

Offline gmm6797

• Homepage
« Reply #202 on: May 01, 2015, 10:21:26 AM »
why are we discussing the tiny crap in here? This is an nbox thread and should not need any more.
Can the mods clear this other crap out, or move them to another thread?

Offline jmerin

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #203 on: May 01, 2015, 10:23:20 AM »
why are we discussing the tiny crap in here? This is an nbox thread and should not need any more.

You are right! Naint was the one who had to chime in.. This is an Nbox thread. Lets leave it at that!

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #204 on: May 01, 2015, 12:31:42 PM »
You are right! Naint was the one who had to chime in.. This is an Nbox thread. Lets leave it at that!

If you guys don't want any discussion of the Tinybox in this thread, then don't bring up the Tinybox.  It's not as though JS is gratuitously spamming this NBox thread.  If he was, I would consider moderating.  But as it stands, as best I can gather JS has only chimed in on the thread either <1> in response to someone mentioning the Tinybox, or <2> with helpful technical information and without any mention of Tinybox.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline gmm6797

• Homepage
« Reply #205 on: May 01, 2015, 12:52:58 PM »
IMHO, the technical discussions have value, but he is being called out for not supporting his products and the back and forth banter should go elsewhere... I dont mean just out of the nBox thread, shouldnt there be a sub forum for complaints on products?

From my side of things, and again this is my opinion, Nick is doing a great service (and this is nothing against any other craftsmen/women on this whole site) whose product I love and will continue to use until the end of time.  I do compare my recordings to other recordings form the same show, but I have chosen to stick right here (and even upgrade) with Nick.  If others chose to switch products, so be it, but there is zero need to beat up others, for any reason

Long live the Nick products, they have a place/purpose/value!

Offline hi and lo

• Trade Count: (38)
« Reply #206 on: May 01, 2015, 01:19:04 PM »
I'm sorry, gmm6797, but there are plenty of examples of the Nbox 'team' and supporters shitting on other people's products on this forum. I'm even half tempted to even review your own post history.

In any event, Brian is right and threads here are rarely, if ever, moderated for off-topic discussion.

Offline gmm6797

• Homepage
« Reply #207 on: May 01, 2015, 01:31:20 PM »
I'm sorry, gmm6797, but there are plenty of examples of the Nbox 'team' and supporters shitting on other people's products on this forum. I'm even half tempted to even review your own post history.
In any event, Brian is right and threads here are rarely, if ever, moderated for off-topic discussion.

"hi and lo" go for it, I am not hiding anything and rarely even lurk outside of the threads that I follow, which are pretty limited at that.

It is America, having in a opinion is a right, being an ass**** is what we should all avoid (and no, I am not accusing anyone of being this, I just dont want to see it get there... in this or any other thread)

Offline larrysellers

• Trade Count: (35)
  • Qualified
« Reply #208 on: May 01, 2015, 01:40:49 PM »
It was months ago when Nick and Jon decided not to do business together any longer. So why keep coming into this thread offering your opinion on gear you don't own? I don't see it happening from the other side. It is pretty obvious trolling.

Offline darktrain

• Trade Count: (715)
  • Whats next?
« Reply #209 on: May 01, 2015, 01:47:47 PM »

"hi and lo" go for it, I am not hiding anything and rarely even lurk outside of the threads that I follow, which are pretty limited at that.

It is America, having in a opinion is a right, being an ass**** is what we should all avoid (and no, I am not accusing anyone of being this, I just dont want to see it get there... in this or any other thread)

Seems to me you took it "there" When referring to the Naiant product as ..."Tiny Crap", to me that was a pretty well aimed shot by someone trying to avoid being an Ass****.  That aside I like Jon and Nick and have used the Tinybox and Nbob cables for over 2 years and couldn't be happier, each has always stood behind there product and have never had a issue communicating with either.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.089 seconds with 44 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com