Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Office System  (Read 3226 times)

Offline raymonda

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Office System
« on: November 27, 2017, 03:37:15 PM »
Okay, everyone needs a work office system to jam to while typing away endless paper work. Here is one I'm currently using and the best one I have had to date. It includes a pair of Celestion SL6S, for which I have upgraded the crossovers and internal wiring. I also refinished them from the stock teak wood veneer to piano black with several coats of hand rubbed paste wax. It looks much better than the old teak veneer. I re-did the grills in black to match, too. Further, a Peachtree iDecco, that will run just about any digital source you feed it, as well as, an analog, line level, is at the center of the system. It is certainly a nice little integrated that has just enough power for my desk top. Finally, a Fiio X3 stores an amazing amount of full resolution digital files and is my source component. Believe it or not I have about 500gig of 96/24 files on it. Lots of concerts and vinyl transfers! It also works extremely well as an on the go player with headphones or in the car as a source for your own endless choice of music! What do you listen to at work to get you through your day!????
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 03:43:02 PM by raymonda »

Offline kindms

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • The Breakfast
Re: Office System
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2017, 07:42:18 PM »
I always find it odd but I don't listen to tunes at work regularly. Perhaps its the amount of time listening at home etc but while actually at work i don't listen to music. I have the fiio x1 for the car

I guess my home "office" system is NUC pc > line > Grace M902

BS home theatre is some sony budget system to klipsch bookshelves and center with 10" sub

"big" system is logitech squeezebox touch feeding a Little Bear tube pre in to 2x Outlaw audio 200w mono blocks > Von Schweikert VR2s.

its a little amusing as any of the above is enough to rock the house. also have a class A integrated sitting on the floor as i type collecting dust

hey ray you know you are top google search result for Celestion SL6s LOL  ;D
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 07:45:13 PM by kindms »
AKG c426, AKG414 XLS/ST, AKG ck61, ck22, >nBob colettes >PFA > V3, SD MixPre >  TCM-Mod Tascam HDP2, Sony M10
Little Bear tube Pre >Outlaw Audio 2200 Monoblocks > VR-2's

Offline raymonda

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2017, 11:28:22 PM »
My claim to fame. I can now go off into the sunset as I have actualized my 15 minutes of fame......BTW, how so you like your outlaw?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 03:45:04 PM by raymonda »

Offline raymonda

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2017, 11:33:23 PM »
Wow,  just read that review you referenced. Hey, I'd give that guy a job. He nailed exactly how I feel about these speakers. He has good ears and not a bad writer, too.

Offline acidjack

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (37)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2018, 03:27:16 PM »
Do bookshelf speakers like that sound OK when up that close? I have some Audio Physic Yara that I got to replace my Celestions (I could never get a sound I liked out of them, I think because I lacked an amp to power them appropriately). Right now I have them up on stands, but I'd love to have them closer...
Mics: Schoeps MK4V, MK41V, MK5, MK22> CMC6, KCY 250/5, KC5, NBob; MBHO MBP603/KA200N, AT 3031, DPA 4061 w/ d:vice, Naiant X-X, AT 853c, shotgun, Nak300
Pres/Power: Aerco MP2, tinybox v2  [KCY], CA-UBB
Decks: Sound Devices MixPre 6, Zoom F8, M10, D50

My recordings on nyctaper.com: http://www.nyctaper.com/?tag=acidjack | LMA: http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/acidjack | twitter: http://www.twitter.com/acidjacknyc | Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/acidjacknyc

Offline raymonda

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2018, 03:46:51 PM »
They do require a lot of watts to play at loud volumes. Up close on the desk they sound great. Give them a try. What do you have to lose?

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.051 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com