Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: batteryspace batterys DOA! (they took care of me!)  (Read 10787 times)

Offline mmmatt

• taping > photography
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • ... A broken angel sings from a guitar
    • LightCraft Photography
Re:batteryspace batterys DOA! (they took care of me!)
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2004, 12:39:53 PM »
yes it was very cool... I'll slam someone if they screw me, but I'll spread the word if they treat me right.  Mistakes are ok, as long as they are handled properly.  Batteryspace will get all of my battery business for sure.  They couldn't have handled it better!

Matt
I do think taping is the reality of the business..it is also an impetus for artists to create studio CDs that are ART, not just another recording...    Fareed Haque  2-4-2005

Canon 24-70 f2.8L, Canon 135 f2L, Canon 70-200 f4L, Canon 50 f1.8, > Canon 5D or Canon xt (digi) and Canon 1N (film)

Offline ChrisV

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Proud member of team 'Lux!
    • My Taping Webpage
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2004, 05:33:16 PM »
Well Matt,
So I got the new charger today and return label for the wrong one back to them.   But when I try to charge the batteries the green light comes on immediately even though they are completely dead.    Used a voltometer and they are both registering only about 0.30 V or so.   So I am guessing I got the same bad ones too?
http://taping.4t.com
http://db.etree.org/CV
Superlux CM-H8K/C/H/O -> digimod UA-5 -> JB3

Offline blu666z

• Trade Count: (1)
  • AT ES943(H/C/O caps) » JKLab PP9 Pre » wmod UA-5
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2004, 05:57:17 PM »
Dumb question but the green light does mean they are charged supposedly?  Not just that they are being charged?

-Kevin

Offline ChrisV

• Taperssection All-Star
    • My Taping Webpage
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2004, 06:03:43 PM »
The piece of paper that comes with them says that red light means charging and green light means they are charged(and goes into trickle charge mode).   I'll let 'em go overnight just to see if that helps but judging by the voltometer readings they are DOA.

My luck is sucking with most everything I order lately....I'll get a complete rig here someday hopefully ;p

Offline blu666z

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2004, 06:28:07 PM »
Is it possible that your guys chargers are bunk instead of the batteries?  Chris, might be worth holding out until Matt gets his replacements and verify that they work before getting your replacements.

-Kevin

Offline mmmatt

• taping > photography
    • LightCraft Photography
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2004, 07:45:08 PM »
Is it possible that your guys chargers are bunk instead of the batteries?  Chris, might be worth holding out until Matt gets his replacements and verify that they work before getting your replacements.

-Kevin
I got them today, and they work fine.  Red light untill it is almost a full charge, then green for the trickle.  I charged the first one at lunch, and I'm doing a runtime test now.  That sucks chris... doesn't that just burn your ass when you order something and it is broken.  I would def call them right away and let them know what is going on.  It is for sure the batts. They must have had a whole batch that were bad.  The shipping label they sent me was almost $9, so after taking $18 out of their profit on the original $58 purchase, I bet they weren't making a penny on me... multiply that by 100 (or 1000)!  Cost of doing business I know, but there is some guy in a factory somewhere who is gettin ripped a new one for sure!

Good luck!
Matt
I do think taping is the reality of the business..it is also an impetus for artists to create studio CDs that are ART, not just another recording...    Fareed Haque  2-4-2005

Canon 24-70 f2.8L, Canon 135 f2L, Canon 70-200 f4L, Canon 50 f1.8, > Canon 5D or Canon xt (digi) and Canon 1N (film)

Offline ChrisV

• Taperssection All-Star
    • My Taping Webpage
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2004, 08:43:32 PM »
Yeah, I know...they sent me a $5 return shipping label for an $8 charger...hell I would have just bought it off of them for 3 bucks ;p   Plus the cost to send the correct one to me.

And now probably another batch of items to and from me for these heavy batteries.   Oh well, I am not that ticked since I have nothing to tape coming up till next week so if they get them to me some good ones before then it is all good.

Offline mmmatt

• taping > photography
    • LightCraft Photography
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2004, 09:03:55 PM »
Well, good luck to you!  let me know how it turns out.  +T for feelin' the pain!

Matt

Offline ChrisV

• Taperssection All-Star
    • My Taping Webpage
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2004, 09:19:39 PM »
Thanks Matt!  +T back at ya ;)

Offline leegeddy

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2004, 10:44:18 PM »
Dumb question but the green light does mean they are charged supposedly?  Not just that they are being charged?

-Kevin

i think that most charger's circuitry will measure the output current (and probably the voltage across the output leads), and that will trigger either a red LED (charging) or green (fully charged).  if a battery is a dud, then it will not take a charge, and the charger is "seeing" that battery as fully charged, hence the green light.

i'm sure someone else can explain it better than me, but that's my understanding of chargers with LED's.

marc
"I'm a taper, he's a taper. Wouldn't you like to be a taper too?"
"Mics? What mics? This is my hat."

Offline blu666z

« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2004, 02:03:00 AM »
I guess I haven't had experience with a nicer charger.  The Rat Shack I have just has a green light when its charging and then turns off after 5 hours.  What charger are you all using?

-Kevin

Offline leegeddy

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2004, 02:11:58 AM »
I guess I haven't had experience with a nicer charger.  The Rat Shack I have just has a green light when its charging and then turns off after 5 hours.  What charger are you all using?

-Kevin

kevin;

i have an iPower charger. it has "charge", discharge" and "completed" lights, but no "trickle" light, though.

marc
"I'm a taper, he's a taper. Wouldn't you like to be a taper too?"
"Mics? What mics? This is my hat."

Offline jdawg

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2004, 04:08:22 AM »
I ordered the same set of batteries 2 weeks ago. No problems with them at all. Built the battery cable for the UA-5, plugged it in after charging the bats for just a short time, and everything lit up. Each battery should green light the charger in 90 mins. (at least I think that's what it took).  Used them 3 times in the last 2 weeks, no problems.

Offline mmmatt

• taping > photography
    • LightCraft Photography
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2004, 09:13:24 AM »

-Kevin
I'm using the charger that came with the batts in the opening link.  No discharge, but it does have the trickle.  I like the set up a lot.  I takes only 90 minutes to give a full charge on a 3000 mah, and if you forget to unplug your batts, it won't fry them!

Matt

Offline blu666z

« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2004, 01:13:32 AM »
Wow...90 minutes would be sweet.  Amazing how often I forget to plug my in the afternoon of a show.  

-Kevin

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.077 seconds with 43 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com