Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Does anyone run sbd > pre > recorder?  (Read 7112 times)

Offline tenesejedd

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Never trust a woman who wears her pants too tight
Re: Does anyone run sbd > pre > recorder?
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2007, 09:44:04 PM »
the mini mp takes mic in and line in. It has the dual use xlr/trs plugs in the back. So i was going to run soundboard into mini-mp line in, and then out to R-1 line in.  I'm going to run that this weekend for Mr. Blotto. I've recorded out of their soundboard before so I'll be able to have a good comparison of what the difference would be.
Avantone CK-1>Busman T-Mod FR2-LE
Edirol R-1

I see you scissoring me with your eyes...

Offline Chuck

• Trade Count: (42)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • time between the notes...
    • My recordings on the LMA
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2007, 10:18:29 PM »
I've been running SBD > -20db cables > modified DMIC-20 > iHP-120

It's taking a bit of trial and error to get the proper attenuation with the cables, but it's been worth it.
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.

Microphones: AKG C 480 B comb-ULS/ CK 61/ CK 63, Sennheiser MKE 2 elements,  Audix M1290-o, Micro capsule active cables w/ Naiant PFA's, Naiant MSH-1O, Naiant AKG Active cables, Church CA-11 (cardioid), (1) Nady SCM-1000 (mod)
Pre-amps: Naiant littlebox, Naiant littlekit v2.0, BM2p+ Edirol UA-5, Church STC-9000
Recorders: Sound Devices MixPre-6, iRiver iHP-120 (Rockboxed & RTC mod)

Recordings on the LMA: http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/ChuckM
Recording website & blog: http://www.timebetweenthenotes.com

Offline sam

• Getting out as much as I can
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2007, 10:40:45 PM »
u cant run run just a pre.  a " regular " pre only takes mic in,  not line in.  ed
???

When I went to the Board the soundman said "Use the patchbay, I am sending a mic level signal" So I plugged the 671 in and cranked the levels to 10 and no levels. I put the V2 in front cranked the knobs to 60 cranked the 671 to 10 and I was peaking at -4. Then the stage manager sent security over to see my credentials for taping, and I asked who could give the go and went thru bunches of people, the head of all said that I COULD tape IF I could get signed releases from the artist and deliver them 24 hours before the artist went on stage. If not I had to shut down and leave.
AKG480/61/63->Audio Magic X-Stream->Marantz ACM671

Offline jlykos

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Don't sweat the technique
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2007, 09:24:37 AM »
I like running an A/D out of the SBD, but I have never tried running a preamp out of one.  I always felt that the signal was plenty hot when I ran it out, but the A/D really smoothed out the harsh edges of the signal.  I run the MiniMe with a line-in from the SBD and I think it sounds great.
dpa 4061 > Church Audio 9200 > Sony PCM-D50 (Moon Audio Silver Dragon v3 interconnect)

"I have no views," Mickey Melchiondo, known as Dean Ween, said in a philosophical moment. "I am way too stupid. I have no strong feelings about anything. I'm really into television and the computer. I believe everything I see on TV and read on the Internet."

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2007, 09:27:18 AM »
i've done it before.  just remember to never turn on the phantom power

And never use a mic input for a line level signal :) If your going to make sure you use a low impedance to high impedance transformer or at the very least a 20 db mic pad.
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.073 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com