Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: 9V PS for Phantom box?  (Read 3319 times)

kskreider

• Trade Count: (0)
9V PS for Phantom box?
« on: September 08, 2005, 12:28:08 AM »
I have a small phantom power supply, the Neumann BS48i-2.  It runs off of a 9v alkaline that slides into a slot and a little dorr slides shut to hold it tight against the contacts.  I would like to figure out a way to cofortably power it for a full show without pissing through 9v energizers.  Anyone have any ideas without hacking the hell out of the unit itself?  I'd like to keep it kind of stealthy as I will run it with a AD-20 for Lo-Pro ops.  Maybe a 9.6v pack that will run both?

Offline leegeddy

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: 9V PS for Phantom box?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2005, 01:39:53 AM »
I have a small phantom power supply, the Neumann BS48i-2.  It runs off of a 9v alkaline that slides into a slot and a little dorr slides shut to hold it tight against the contacts.  I would like to figure out a way to cofortably power it for a full show without pissing through 9v energizers.  Anyone have any ideas without hacking the hell out of the unit itself?  I'd like to keep it kind of stealthy as I will run it with a AD-20 for Lo-Pro ops.  Maybe a 9.6v pack that will run both?

you could drill a hole and mount one of these power jack.

or route a power cable like this from it:

it should be pretty easy.

marc
"I'm a taper, he's a taper. Wouldn't you like to be a taper too?"
"Mics? What mics? This is my hat."

Offline leegeddy

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2005, 02:14:53 AM »
I was also considering making a drilled out and cleaned 'dummy' battery that still allowed + and - contacts to hit, but then flow out to a external battery.  I dont think that the door on the unit needs to be 100% closed.  80% should be fine.

sounds like a good idea as well.  drill out a 9v, solder the leads to the terminals and fill it with potting epoxy. you could run the power cord directly into a walmart 9v or similar battery.

marc
"I'm a taper, he's a taper. Wouldn't you like to be a taper too?"
"Mics? What mics? This is my hat."

Offline dnsacks

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2005, 05:11:27 PM »
or, just carve/cut a piece of wood to approxmiate the size of a 9v battery, insert screws into the top (to approximate the terminals) and run the wire down the side of the wood "battery" and out the partially-closed door.

Offline spyder9

• Trade Count: (82)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "Are you Zman?"
    • My Archived shows
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2005, 09:53:32 PM »
How about dumping it and buying a Denecke PS2.  You can 9 hours on a 9V battery with that puppy.  It was made to work with the AD20.  There's an AD20 PS2 combo for sale in the Yard for $200.  Sick deal. 

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.185 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com