Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: rookie DPA- 4061 set up  (Read 1471 times)

Offline ecandle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
rookie DPA- 4061 set up
« on: February 28, 2007, 12:30:53 PM »
 ???
 upgrading to  DPA-4061's  and I have requested the micro dot connectors be cut off and both DPA's to be modified into a single 1/8 stereo mini jack ?
Lineage
 Both DPA 4061's into 1- 1/8 " stereo mini jack - into a 12 volt power with bass roll off box ( micro size like )- out 1/8 " stereo mini jack  - into iriver ihp120 ( line in )  .

looking to see if anyone has experiece with this ( especially the mod of the DPA's ) as there is some question as to if this will work ?
  hoping to chat with someone with this same mic set up .

thanks

Offline M

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: rookie DPA- 4061 set up
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2007, 02:52:46 PM »
Probably best to keep the micro dots if you already have em.  If you ever plan to resell the mics I think that they would be worth more with the original connectors.   

If you are buying the mics new I would just get the dpa batt box.  But if you do get them wired to a mini plug they will work with a sound professionals batt box.

I think that a 12v box will fry these mics.  I think they are supposed to get 5v. 
Beyer CK930>Naiant TB>M10

Offline grider

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • always give more than you take
Re: rookie DPA- 4061 set up
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2007, 03:16:04 PM »
having owned the 4061's and taped with them, to great results, I can say that your rig is hardly a newbie rig, really its a pretty killer starter and stealth rig; I too would agree that you should not remove the microdot connectors, instead you should keep them and replace your battey box with a DPA mma6000 preamp box which provides power to the mics and it has right and left gain controls, and its very clean sounding and small, run those two components into your iriver and you will make great open and stealth recordings; for a listen to one of my stealth recordings made outdoors go to the section here for links to live recording downloads, look for the thread about Herbie Hancock, in it is a link to my recording with the 4061>mma6000>D8 rig, its an excellent recording, you can do the same with the same gear

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.039 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com