Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Decent T-amp or Integrated amp ?  (Read 2266 times)

Offline OOK

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • formerly OtherOneK
Decent T-amp or Integrated amp ?
« on: June 21, 2012, 07:29:14 PM »
I know a while back maybe a year or two there was some discussion about T-amps. I have been thinking about changing my playback system up a little.  I now only use a CD player and a Ipod.  I might get a oppo player to playback dvd wavs of the 24bit48k shows I have done.  I have been thinking about a new Integrated amp or a T-amp.  Any sugestions.  I will be pushing a set of Paradign 3se mkIII(still one of the best speakers I have ever heard). My days of rocking the foundation of the house are over.  However I do want something that plays decently loud.  But I want clarity.  Buget under 1k or under..... 

Peace OOK
DPA/HEB 4060's > R09HR
MBHO648/KA100Lk/KA200/KA300/KA500 > SD702

Offline jlykos

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Don't sweat the technique
Re: Decent T-amp or Integrated amp ?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 02:39:44 AM »
I looked up those speakers and they appear to be fairly sensitive, meaning that you don't need a whole lot of power for them to play loudly.  They will also accept a wide range of amplifiers because of their flexible power handling requirements.  If you are going for a vintage sound, I suggest that you look at the Qinpu A-6000 MKII integrated amplifier.  It's a tube hybrid design and will likely power those speakers very well.  The amp costs around $250 and a higher quality set of tubes is around $15, shipped from ebay.  I purchased one of these myself to power a pair of Silverline Minuet speakers and was very, very impressed with its warmth, imaging, and ability to power the speakers enough for a decent-sized room.  It has RCA inputs for a CD player and a 1/8" input for an iPod, and also has a line-out for use with headphones or a subwoofer.
dpa 4061 > Church Audio 9200 > Sony PCM-D50 (Moon Audio Silver Dragon v3 interconnect)

"I have no views," Mickey Melchiondo, known as Dean Ween, said in a philosophical moment. "I am way too stupid. I have no strong feelings about anything. I'm really into television and the computer. I believe everything I see on TV and read on the Internet."

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.064 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com