Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: 722 Battery 7.2V, 7600 mAh  (Read 12253 times)

Offline oleg

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • I'm a proud Jew
    • you can find me here
Re: 722 Battery 7.2V, 7600 mAh
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2007, 12:04:11 AM »
never  run litiums under 20%  , you are shorting it life .

by the way these are 8400 ma

http://soundman-in-israel.blogspot.com/
tey are real 8400:-)
the good thing it has aditional out , so you can power aditional equip as sound devices mixers or sqns
or any thing else which worlks with
run another 2 chanels for 744
oleg kaizerman(gebe)hollyland
kaizeroaudio-rentals -sound for film/tv sales

schoepses, gefells, sankens, sennheisers....all kind of shit ....ends with deva 16  fusion ,zfr,788, 744, hhb
http://groups.google.com/group/sellbuyexchange-film-videoaudiogear

Offline T.J.

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Always look on the Bright Side of Life
    • My shows taped on LMA
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2007, 09:21:58 AM »
I was on BH video and i found this battery for the 722

NP-F975 Lithium-Ion (Li-ion) Battery (7.2V, 7600 mAh) - Replacement for the Sony NP-F970 Battery

teh company name is Impact

Got mine Friday from B&H. Charged it 15 hours overnight, ran the battery dead, charged it Saturday night for 15 hours, ran it tonight for a 2 hour show. The 722 reported 8.0 when I turned it on and 2 hours later it was at 7.6. So far it looks like a good battery.

what is the deal with conditioning these batteries? is it a good idea to run them through a couple times before taking them out in the field?

Offline it-goes-to-eleven

• Trade Count: (58)
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2007, 09:46:07 AM »
what is the deal with conditioning these batteries? is it a good idea to run them through a couple times before taking them out in the field?

Cycling them a couple of times to verify their reliability is a good idea.. Though I would not take them all the way down.   On the other hand, if you regularly record 5 hours/whatever and take your batteries to the edge, then your testing should include that type of use.

My lithiums have gone more shows than I would have expected but I attribute it to running 6000 batteries for about 2.5 hours on average. So my use for the capacity is light.  I start at about 8.1 volts and rarely go below 7.6.  I could run a smaller battery but I'll bet it wouldn't last as long due to the deeper cycling.

Offline gewwang

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2007, 10:16:37 AM »
I only took them all the way down to zero to get a warm fuzzy that they wouldn't die on my first show in the field. Especially after having two batteries that had worked fine on back-to-back shows both go down to not even being able to keep the 722 powered on on the same day after working fine for over 6 months.

Offline aberg

• Team Canada

Offline T.J.

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Always look on the Bright Side of Life
    • My shows taped on LMA
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2007, 12:02:59 AM »
Anyone tried one of these? Looks like a good price...

http://cgi.ebay.ca/FOR-SONY-NP-F970-NPF970-NP-F950-F960-F770-BATTERY-7200m_W0QQitemZ270142665868QQihZ017QQcategoryZ43438QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

hmm...

first off congrats andrew and +T for the new gear! i know you won't be disappointed  ;D

about the battery situation. i was a little hesitant to buy generic batteries off ebay after hearing some horror stories about them not holding a charge for long. also there are also a couple hear who have had problems with the actual connections with the generic batteries (and maybe the sony's too) after constantly disconnecting and reconnecting to the SD series. it is a good price, however sometimes you get what you pay for. ymmv.

fwiw i grabbed two new sonys from batterybank.com:

http://www.batterybank.com/master/npfp70.html

call and place an order and i think they bumped off $10 from the list price. they are sealed authentic sony batteries.

Offline mmedley.

• is on a salty highway burning up a lucky streak
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • CAR RAMROD
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2007, 12:23:20 AM »
The Impact batteries at B&H are rock solid. Been using mine for a while now. Pin sleeves are tight and it holds a super long charge...much better battery than my Sony 970. I think the pin problem is with new 7XX units. Once the units pins are worn in a bit they loosen up a bit too I think.

Stay away from the eBay batteries!
I don't know just where I'm going
But I'm gonna try for the kingdom, if I can

Offline aberg

• Team Canada
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2007, 11:31:08 AM »
Thanks for the replies guys... so is this the one that people are having success with?

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/465330-REG/Impact_NPF975_NP_F975_Lithium_Ion_Battery.html

I don't want to deal with having to glue anything.

Offline mmedley.

• is on a salty highway burning up a lucky streak
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • CAR RAMROD
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2007, 11:34:39 AM »
That is it, but damn they raised the price by $10 I think since I got mine. Still a deal. 2 of those and your stock battery and you never have to worry about power. :)

I don't know just where I'm going
But I'm gonna try for the kingdom, if I can

Offline aberg

• Team Canada
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2007, 11:39:03 AM »
Pricey, but I guess you can't put a price on preventing lost recordings..... hmm.

Offline it-goes-to-eleven

• Trade Count: (58)
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2007, 11:42:37 AM »
Many "sony" batteries are counterfeit copies with garbage cells.  Many generic batteries have real companies behind them.

There isn't much point for counterfeiters to produce counterfeits of little known generic brands.. So I'd worry more about counterfeits when buying sony branded batteries.  I'd never assume I could tell the difference because of the pacakging.

Some of my video friends report having more trouble with sony batteries than generics. I'd guess those sonys aren't sonys.

Offline aberg

• Team Canada
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2007, 11:47:26 AM »
I'll probably buy the Impact one linked above unless someone in the next few hours can advise against... I really don't want to be dealing with glueing battery parts and flakey cells...

Offline F.O.Bean

• Team Schoeps Tapir that
  • Trade Count: (126)
  • Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2007, 10:24:22 PM »
I honerstly dont think any of us need a battery this big unless we are running a 744T. a 6000 or 6600/6800mah battery is FINE for our 1-2 shjow needs without recharging. these just add more weight and take longer to charge :) and not to mention are almsot double the price of a 6000mah one :P go the 7.2v NIMH rc battery route and you can get (4) 7.2v NIMH 3300mah(maybe even 3500mah ones by now) for around 60 SHIPPEP from ebay and a 'chun' smart charger for 20 bucks. that will yield around 13,000mah if theyre 3300mah batts. even if theyre 3000mah ones, thats 12,000mah, or 12 amps of power. that will power my 722 Mic-In/Phantom/No Backlight/Headphones CRANKED/writing to JUST the INHDD for prolly around 9-10 hrs :) Writing to JUST the cf card instead of the INHDD with those same scenario as above, I bet I could get about 12+hrs Phantom/mic-in/no backlight/JUST to CF Card.

Thats a HELL of alot cheaper than buying (2) 6800+ mah 722 LIONS......and not to mention how much more reliable the NIMH batts are IMO. Just cycle them 5-6 times at once, just once a year, and those NIMH batts will last you a LONG time. i just cycled them each about 5-6 times to prepare for allgood, and my runtimes have been consistent for the last 3 years since I got the batteries from ebay :) I know they are heavier than lion's, but i would rather carry SLIGHTLY more weight knowing that I will DEF have power at whatever show I'm going to. AND you can hotswap the batts if needed when you are running LOW on power and cant just swap a 722 battery out(that battery hotswap SAVED MY ASS for Grace Potter at All Good this past weekend. if i had a 722 battery, I would have missed the beginning of her set, but instead I hotswapped my rc batts and didnt miss one note :) and because you can hotswap your batts, you can tend to push them a bit futher to get all the power you need from your batts, instead of swapping lion's eariler than you would these NIMH batts, and also pushing lions dead all teh time is not a good thing :)

I take (2) 722 lions with me to EVERy show(both are 6000mah cheapies) JUST IN CASE I get to the show and one decides not to work ever again :P but for a more long-term, worry-free battery solution, 7.2v NIMH batts are DEF the way to go IMO. and whats nice is I used to have (4) Ecocharge 6v/7.2amp batteries, well, the ecocharge padded battery carrying cases fit my 3 x 7.2v 3000mah 'packs' i made PERFECTLY. 7.2v batts fit in the just right :) So I have nice padded ecocharge cases to hold all of my 7.2v 'packs' :) that way the plastic taimoy(sp?) connectors on the rc batts wont get easily damaged and neitehr will the cables coming out of the batteries. I feel alot safer with the ecocharge cases too :)

ONLY downside is flying with the RC batts. Im sure as long as you had your gear with you to power it all up in front of the airport security to show them that they arent BOMBS :P Ned Struzziero wants to borrow my 7.2v battery setup to run at RAQ's Lew-Au II this coming weekend. but he wanted me to send the batteriesto my buddy that lives close to me so he can FLY the batteries to VT so Ned can use them. only problem is, whoever would have been flying the batteries to VT would NOT have any gear to show airport security that they are IN FACT batteries and not bombs. So i had to nix that idea because I didnt want my batteries confiscated or anyone held up in a holding cell and missing RAQ because of a couple suspicious looking batteries :P
Schoeps MK 4V & MK 41V ->
Schoeps 250|0 KCY's (x2) ->
Naiant +60v|Low Noise PFA's (x2) ->
DarkTrain Right Angle Stubby XLR's (x3) ->
Sound Devices MixPre-6 & MixPre-3

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/diskobean
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Bean420
http://bt.etree.org/mytorrents.php
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/j9eu80jpuaubz/Recordings

Offline Teen Wolf Blitzer

• It's all ballbearings these days.
  • Trade Count: (6)
  • I am Rattus Norvegicus.
    • Support Festival Radio
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2007, 10:56:42 PM »
I just grabbed a knockoff for 30 shipped.  I figure I have a 4800 I might as well test a bit.  I rarely use battery power anyway.  The 2 fests I do each year I have full AC.  As are most of the shows I see.  Heck even Ben Hines gives me power.   ;D  If I can get AC in anyway I will.  As I have more cash flow I will probably grab a couple of the BandH ones though.  I will report my tests.  And worse comes to worse I can use it for my Sony handicam for home movies.   ;D  And Bean while your setup sounds great I have no clue how to wire/solder or do anything remotely close to it so I'm lost.  But it sounds nice to me.  Now if you were to make up a full on setup.......I'd be interested. Mark (7 series noob)

Bean PM me your addy and I'll get the angles out.  I'd love the charger.   ;)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2007, 11:14:46 PM by tapermark »

Offline gratefulphish

• Taperssection All-Star
  • Gone Tapin'
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2007, 09:30:10 PM »
I have been using the Synergy knock-off NPF-970s, so far [knocking]wood[/knocking] they have held their charge, and held together.  From $30.99 through Amazon  http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000K7EQPS/ref=dp_olp_2/105-3745974-8866049
4 channel: Neumann TLM-170R>Segue Dogstar>SD 722   2 channel: Neumann TLM-170R>Segue Dogstar>Lunatec V3>SD 722
               Linked to Lunatec V3>MT 24/96                                     (Hi-Ho Silver Interconnects)     

Other gear: AKG C451Es, Tascam DA-P1, Sony D-8

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.085 seconds with 43 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com