Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Upgrade bug from w-mod UA-5  (Read 9718 times)

cpclark

• Trade Count: (0)
Re:Upgrade bug from w-mod UA-5
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2003, 12:07:49 AM »
it was heated when i started a thread for v3 v. minime, although i was more of a newb to the board and thats probably why, but most people stand by there box's and thats what you usually see, +T for losing tix daryan, i know people and lurkers are being dicks about this

Offline LeftoverSammy

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • MG's FUCKIN' A!!
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2003, 12:05:45 PM »
Ok, so can I rope the MMe vs. V3 crowd back to the original post again somehow?? Does anyone else have any info to add to my original request?

Thanks,
LoS
Microtech Gefell SMS2000's (M20 & M21 caps) > Luminous Audio Monarch II's or Audio Magic Silvers > MixPre 3
Grace Designs V3
Marantz PMD661
Core Sound Stealthy Cardiod mics > Battbox> Tascam DR-7

Former Nak CM300 & CM700 Vet (CP1, CP2, CP3 & CP4 caps), MX-100

Its 420.....24/7.....365!! :-)

marc0789

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2003, 04:11:06 PM »
If you like your mics, get a v3. You will literally hear what the mics hear. If you feel the 700's have a deficit that needs to be "covered up", you might want a mme. My ears can literally not pick out one mic from another when run into a mme. They all sound pretty much the same, unless the sound is so fabulous and clear(sci) that the mic shines through. Seriously, as much as I dogged it, I'm so much of a fan at this point that if I don't like the sound I get, it ain't the v3 that I'd consider dumping. Utterly transparent. Personally, I like the 700's a lot and think they deserve a transparent pre. Imo.  ;D

Offline creekfreak

• Retired from taping
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • My Son's School Bus
    • Rochester Groove
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2003, 04:26:46 PM »
If you like your mics, get a v3. You will literally hear what the mics hear. If you feel the 700's have a deficit that needs to be "covered up", you might want a mme. My ears can literally not pick out one mic from another when run into a mme. They all sound pretty much the same, unless the sound is so fabulous and clear(sci) that the mic shines through. Seriously, as much as I dogged it, I'm so much of a fan at this point that if I don't like the sound I get, it ain't the v3 that I'd consider dumping. Utterly transparent. Personally, I like the 700's a lot and think they deserve a transparent pre. Imo.  ;D

what marc said from a sound standpoint. From a build and egronomic standpoint the V3 is superior IMO. Easier to fit in various gearbags, better light meters, etc.
It is company policy never to imply ownership in the event of a dildo - We have to use the indefinite article; "A" dildo, never: "YOUR" dildo.
In Tyler we Trust

And isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, ooh ooh ooh, the sky is the limit!

My Current Rig:2004 Subaru WRX STI, Stage 3, 360hp, 380lb-ft

Offline Kevin

• Taperssection All-Star
    • Company Website (Learn to play by ear or by I.)
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2003, 01:46:46 PM »
I love my minime with my 480's :) and the bag issue isnt a big deal I have the minime case and just took off a side compartment on my AW and stuck the case there and pulled the strap (attached to the lowepro bag) tight and its perfect <- assuming your nova has the same thing
481(3)>722

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.043 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com