Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Sample Rate Converter test  (Read 2526 times)

Offline phil_er_up

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Sample Rate Converter test
« on: February 06, 2016, 07:49:34 AM »
Hi all,

Found this at another web site and WOW IS IT COOL - Sample Rate Converter test. When I first got into editing someone told me there was a difference in converters going from 96HZ to 44.1HZ. Well now you can see it visually.

Sample Rate Converter test
http://src.infinitewave.ca/

-p
Everyday is a gift. Enjoy each one!
Forward motion bring positive results.

Online voltronic

• Trade Count: (40)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Sample Rate Converter test
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2016, 08:53:21 AM »
I came across this a while ago, but thanks for posting it here.  For fun, look up the resampling of some very expensive audio apps, then compare to some of the free ones like foobar2000 (SSRC).  I always used foobar for playback and SR conversion simply out of convenience, and it's nice to know that its resampling performs so well.  Some of the graphs probably look a lot worse than they are, as the noise components may be well below audible level.  But others look really bad.

Actually the last year or so I've been using foobar with the modified SoX resampler component, which runs faster than Foobar's own SRC and according to the test plots performs just as well (and far outperforms most others on the list).
https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,67373.0.html
I am hitting my head against the walls, but the walls are giving way.
- Gustav Mahler

Acoustic Recording Techniques
Team Classical
Team Line Audio
Team DPA

Offline phil_er_up

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: Sample Rate Converter test
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2016, 09:57:28 AM »
What is interesting is the "1khz tone" and then the "passband" selections. Some have different approaches to implementing a low-pass filter. Not all of them go up to 22,000HZ.  Two of the foobars cut off before 22,000 though the Foobar SSRC source goes all the way up to 22000. If you look at wavlab 5.0 to 6.0 there is quite a bit in difference. Looks like WL changed some routine from 5.0 to 6.0. R8brain free filters the top end too...quite interesting results. Some think that the "weiss saragon" and "mbit+" - available in all Izotope Ozone products are the best two.

Can we hear the difference? Not many can hear up to 22,000hz or anyone.  Though ran same file with R8brain free and Mbit+ and the highs seem more cut off in r8brain free then mbit+. Not saying I can hear up to 22,000 HZ. Though if you listen in playback one has more high end then the other. Would say that going up to 22,000hz adds to the high end profile even though we can not really hear those frequencies. This is the experience had with my ears and my playback system.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 10:24:58 AM by phil_er_up »
Everyday is a gift. Enjoy each one!
Forward motion bring positive results.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.056 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com