Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: UA-5 Power Needed?  (Read 1768 times)

Offline paulbaptiste

• Trade Count: (50)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • in that sweet bye and bye
UA-5 Power Needed?
« on: April 26, 2008, 12:01:57 AM »
I have one 9.6v RC batt, how long will that last running phantom, i have the cable, dongle that will support 2, but do i need both to get an opening band + a main act = 3hrs?  thanks for any input, tried to search the forums, but didn't see anyting

Nick
Official Archivist for The Felice Brothers and contact for guestlist/taper spots
Please contact me regarding upcoming shows as well as recordings for the bands archive
robertsnw@yahoo.com

Offline rowjimmytour

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • My LMA bookmarks
Re: UA-5 Power Needed?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2008, 12:24:57 AM »
I have one 9.6v RC batt, how long will that last running phantom, i have the cable, dongle that will support 2, but do i need both to get an opening band + a main act = 3hrs?  thanks for any input, tried to search the forums, but didn't see anyting

Nick
UA5 runs about 500mah so what ever mah's your battery is divided by 500.
Peace
http://www.archive.org/bookmarNo
And the trees are all kept equal
By hatchet, axe and saw

Offline skotdee

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: UA-5 Power Needed?
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2008, 09:34:54 PM »
from the FAQ:

How long will my battery last?

Depends on the battery's capacity (usually measured in mAH, or AH).  The UA5 draws about 450mA.  Divide your battery capacity (mAH) by the current draw (450mA) to get an approximate run-time.  For example, a 3000mAH 9.6v RC battery will yield ~6.6 hours of run-time (3000/450) .  Better to be a bit conservative in your calculations for practical usage, though - the battery may not be fully charged and you likely won't eek out every last bit of juice from the battery.  A good 5 hours is probably a reasonable estimate in this case.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.047 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com