Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: newbie  (Read 1800 times)

Offline Embio

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« on: May 17, 2005, 05:58:26 PM »
hi, I'm new to all this. what exactly is a processor?

Offline dmonterisi

• Taper Emeritus
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Stomach Full of Regret
Re: newbie
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2005, 06:14:02 PM »
Welcome!  You may want to start here: http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=33610.0 and explore that whole forum and the archive...there's a ton of info on this site!

Ray76

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2005, 06:14:34 PM »
Audio signal processing, sometimes referred to as audio processing, is the processing of a representation of auditory signals, or sound. The representation can be digital or analog. An analog representation is usually electrical; a voltage level represents the air pressure waveform of the sound. Similarly, a digital representation expresses the pressure wave-form as a sequence of symbols, usually binary numbers.
 ;D

HTH. Welcome my friend. The search feature is your best friend here. Use it wisely, and you will learn great things. A whole myriad of knowledge lies waiting for you behind that pixellated door to the holy grail of taping knowledge...

google also.

Good luck hoss.!+T
ray

Offline Embio

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2005, 06:23:28 PM »
thanks a lot guys!

this looks like a great forum to visit when I get off my student ass and get some money... :D I love my Hi-MD, and want to start recording some live stuff... stealthily.

till then though, I continue to be absolutely fascinated by this world of DATs, ADCs, Pre-amps, 24-bit, etc.

amazing!

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.045 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com