Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: UPDATE: MBHO U.S. Retailer Success!  (Read 10877 times)

Offline manitouman

• Trade Count: (36)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Los Bulls!!!
UPDATE: MBHO U.S. Retailer Success!
« on: June 22, 2008, 06:32:36 PM »
I've been to the ones listed via a search in google but no one can get what I need. I'm looking to purchase a set of KA 300 NB's (wide cardioid) capsules for my 603 bodies. From what the retailers are telling me, it's REALLY difficult getting any MBHO products right now due to inconsistent communication from MBHO's U.S. contact Marcus D(something). He don't return phone calls or emails. Then he sends me an email saying product is available again. So I try to get an order going and no dice. Dude disappears again and the retailers can't find him to order stuff.

So I guess I'm trying to see if within this community someone knows of a retailer who may have a stock in hand of the above mentioned capsules. A webpage, email address, contact number....whatever you can provide. I've tried:

Sonic Sense~can't get a hold of anyone at MBHO but not because from lack of trying.
Dales Pro Audio~awaiting response from Dan Ross.
Atlas Audio~talked to someone, told me to leave email inquiry, sent, no response yet.

Are there any others?

Thanks for help! And sorry if this is in the wrong forum. Please move to appropriate forum if needed. Thanks Mods!  ;D
« Last Edit: July 05, 2008, 09:34:40 PM by manitouman »
Mics: AKG CK31, CK32>LM 3> MPA III

Offline flipp

• resident curmudgeon
  • Trade Count: (17)
Re: ISO: MBHO (U.S?) retailers
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2008, 06:39:10 PM »
While not a US retailer, you may have better luck getting Oleg to order and ship to you. In one of the threads he or bean started, he said it would be 2-3 weeks from when he ordered to when he had them in hand. I know it's a circuitous route and you may have to pay duty when they arrive but it might be your fastest option.

Offline manitouman

• Los Bulls!!!
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2008, 07:18:06 PM »
That does sound like a viable option. I may have to go that route if nothing else comes up.

Paging Oleg...

Oh, and +T for the advice.

Offline flipp

• resident curmudgeon
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 11:22:24 AM »
Just ran across the thread again. Scroll down to replies 4 and 5.

http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=104344.0;topicseen

Offline bl6216@yahoo.com

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Photographer:Jim Marshall - Jerry @ Woodstock
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2008, 11:39:11 AM »
This is were I get all my MBHO stuff ( http://www.daleproaudio.com/default.asp ) and if you call or send a email ask for dan. That is who helped me.

Dan Ross
Pro Audio Sales
Dale Pro Audio
(888) 462-7828 ext 126 toll free
(212) 475-1124 ex 126 (outside the US)

-Brian
MBHO KA200 N / KA500 HN > Hi Ho Custom Silver Actives > MBHO 603 A > Van Den Hul The Second >  SD722

coming soon Hi Ho Custom Silver Actives

Show I taped on archive.org http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/deadhead6216

"We're the first generation that's really capable of saving this music forever. Now is the time because we finally have the digital technology that allows us to preserve it indefinitely. It's also the critical time to do this because the older recordings are really deteriorating. It's an opportunity and it's also a serious responsibility, future generations will hold us responsible for what we do or do not do as far as preserving th

Offline muj

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Certifiable Nevaton Fluffer
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2008, 12:26:41 PM »
I get my mbho stuff from Oleg kaizeroaudio!

Offline fanofthemule

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2008, 01:21:14 PM »
At least you got sonic sense to respond to you, I've sent them a few emails asking for details and they never respond  ???
Sony PCM-M10

Fostex FR2LE Busman TMod

Superlux S502 ORTF

Offline manitouman

• Los Bulls!!!
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2008, 08:29:39 PM »
Dan called me today from Dale Pro Audio. I guess he talked with Marcus and supposedly he has my caps sitting on a shelf. I had talked to Marcus a few months ago expressing my interest in some caps. Dan said that he could probably have them out in a week to my door. Exchanged payment info and I'm just waiting now.

I would have to recommend Dan also. The communication was always there and email correspondence was either next day or the following. He took care of my needs and I'm sure he'll take care of anyone else needing equipment from MBHO.

Sonic Sense I think are having problems with their email from their site. I emailed them before about a SD722 and MBHO caps and I never received a response. Parker is really cool though, just that they are really having trouble getting through to Marcus or even the German office. But just like I learned in business class...whoever has the product gets my money.

Thanks all and a round of T's.  ;D

EDIT...Just received this: "Hello Amaro, consective matched pairs are in stock. They will ship Tuesday from NYC. Thank you for the support! Regards, Dan Ross"

:realhappy:
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 09:31:03 PM by manitouman »

Offline bl6216@yahoo.com

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Photographer:Jim Marshall - Jerry @ Woodstock
Re: UPDATE: MBHO (U.S?) retailers
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2008, 01:51:26 PM »
I am happy that I could help you.

-Brian
MBHO KA200 N / KA500 HN > Hi Ho Custom Silver Actives > MBHO 603 A > Van Den Hul The Second >  SD722

coming soon Hi Ho Custom Silver Actives

Show I taped on archive.org http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/deadhead6216

"We're the first generation that's really capable of saving this music forever. Now is the time because we finally have the digital technology that allows us to preserve it indefinitely. It's also the critical time to do this because the older recordings are really deteriorating. It's an opportunity and it's also a serious responsibility, future generations will hold us responsible for what we do or do not do as far as preserving th

Offline oleg

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • I'm a proud Jew
    • you can find me here
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2008, 02:17:28 PM »
from what i know and what really happence ,is that mbho making caps up o request so if your local dealer doesnt have them in stock and need to to order it from mbho  at least 2 weeks  till it done and shipped
kaizeroaudio
ISRAEL
by the way we dont have them in stock but have quit good prices even we ship from israel
best
oleg kaizerman(gebe)hollyland
kaizeroaudio-rentals -sound for film/tv sales

schoepses, gefells, sankens, sennheisers....all kind of shit ....ends with deva 16  fusion ,zfr,788, 744, hhb
http://groups.google.com/group/sellbuyexchange-film-videoaudiogear

Offline manitouman

• Los Bulls!!!
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2008, 06:25:58 PM »
Got them today! Proud owner of #254 & 255. I'll post pics later tonight. Man, now I can't wait to try them out.

Round of +T's!  ;D

EDIT: for pic...

Next stop....Figure 8?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2008, 09:36:26 PM by manitouman »

Offline manitouman

• Los Bulls!!!
Re: UPDATE: MBHO U.S. Retailer Success!
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2008, 12:05:41 PM »
shameless bump for pics

Offline rokpunk

• WOULD HIT IT
  • Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2008, 03:35:37 PM »
can someone please post capsule pricing? thanks!
The new and improved taperssection.com....now with freedom of speech without the repercussion of -T's!

again, your showing your cluelessness.

Jah sitteth in Mount Zion
And rules all creation........

Offline manitouman

• Los Bulls!!!
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2008, 10:05:15 PM »

From Dale Pro Audio...$319 each, $638 for the pair, $12 shipping by UPS. I got them as a matched pair with sequential serial numbers.

Offline F.O.Bean

• Team Schoeps Tapir that
  • Trade Count: (126)
  • Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2008, 03:43:34 AM »

From Dale Pro Audio...$319 each, $638 for the pair, $12 shipping by UPS. I got them as a matched pair with sequential serial numbers.

First off, HUGE +T for being able to track those down ;D I tried a few different times thru SS and couldnt get the order to go thru for sure :) All you need now is a NOS KwonBar and youre in business :) Do you have the 603's or the 603A's? You should ditch the 603's and try out the 604's or 604A's ;D 8) The 604's are TINY from the 1 or 2 pics ive seen of them. Im sure the 604A's would kick some major ass. Ive been wanting to get something new w/ out spending too much, and if I sell teh 603A bodies, I can get the 604A's without much hassle/struggle, and not to much more money probably :) I read a review of the 604+KA200N Card capsule and the reviewer LOVED the combo. Said the mics were still VERY detailed but not fatiguing at all, and the cards/subs/hypers dont have that high-end sharpness that often makes recordings fatiguing to listen to. And I couldnt agree anymore even w/ the 603A's and the cards/hypers. They DEF dont have the AKG 480 'bite' that I was used to, and I couldnt be happier about that. I bet teh 604/604A's have a SWEET lowend too. The 603A/KA500 combo NEVER gets too fatiguing. I sometimes have to add a little lowend but thats because the mix at the show. If there is ample lowend liek I like, then the 603A/KA500 combo picks it up in ALL its glory 8)

I bet those KA300 Subs can really handle some FINE MBHO lowend. I CANNOT WAIT to hear some recordings of yours bro ;D I especially cant wait for the KA300/603>702 stuff to come forward. I really like the MBHO>7xx combo's, dont you? Very natural and detailed, while still maintaining sparking highs, solid mids, and a thumpin lowend, but a well maintained and tight lowend ;D My recent 6/6 teddy thompson/moe sets, I ran KA200/603A>722, and I was def happy with the cards for a change, just a tad too much crowd chatter, and one of the main reasons I use hypers 99% of the time :) But it was def exceptable for sure. there werent many people there for teddy thompson and that recording sounds really good. They moe also came out smokin as well, and had better lowend since moe is louder and heavier ;D But as ALWAYS in da burgh, people cant STFU at shows and talk teh WHOLE TIME 99% of teh time :P Its really a drag at most shows :( So I run hypers and you NEVER hear the yappers at all teh shows Im at ;D Even my 6/8 YMSB show has next to ZERO crowd chatter, and I only ran my KA500 Hypers at like 6-6.5' high!!! I expected ALOT more chatter on that one, but as usual, they are VERY tight and focused, but still maintain an awesome stereo image and spaciousness to them that makes them sound HUGE. I love these mics. Cant wait to run em w/ a transformer pre in the future :)

Hmmm, next. Lets see? Figure-of-Eight vs. Hypers ??? I love me some hypers, but MS w/ the Card or Subcard as your mid would be very sweet. Id try that sybcard alot personally :)
Schoeps MK 4V & MK 41V ->
Schoeps 250|0 KCY's (x2) ->
Naiant +60v|Low Noise PFA's (x2) ->
DarkTrain Right Angle Stubby XLR's (x3) ->
Sound Devices MixPre-6 & MixPre-3

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/diskobean
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Bean420
http://bt.etree.org/mytorrents.php
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/j9eu80jpuaubz/Recordings

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.108 seconds with 40 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com