Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: can i run DIN with this?  (Read 11372 times)

Offline Tim

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: can i run DIN with this?
« Reply #45 on: November 17, 2004, 01:45:17 PM »
Actually, I believe the orientation issue is shared by SIDE ADDRESS mics of all types.  I first became aware of this issue with schoeps mk4v mics -- the following url links to a schoeps article/email recommending that the 4v always be run vertically and describing the effects and reason for same -- http://www.oade.com/cgi-bin/miva?Forum/showmsg.mv+message=8295

that post is from Robert Kwon
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

Offline JAH

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • The kids they dance, they shake their bones!
Re: can i run DIN with this?
« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2004, 09:07:05 PM »
Actually, I believe the orientation issue is shared by SIDE ADDRESS mics of all types.  I first became aware of this issue with schoeps mk4v mics -- the following url links to a schoeps article/email recommending that the 4v always be run vertically and describing the effects and reason for same -- http://www.oade.com/cgi-bin/miva?Forum/showmsg.mv+message=8295
Hey now!  This is WRT SIDE ADDRESS mics....do LD's fall in this category??? Thinking not, but not really sure???
I believe it to be inherant in ALL LD's.   it all has to do with how the audio gets reflected inside the casing before it hits the actual capsule.  think about it that way.  it's a lot easier to explain with visuals, but, alas, my drawing abilities are very bad.

can't go wrong with $3 newkies!  good times!  Let me know if you ever make ti down to STL and i'll do the same if i ever make it up to the windy city :)
My conversations w/ Mr. Oade reinforce that is does not matter on the orientation w/ the higher end mics...regardless, I doubt seriously that "I" would be able to hear the diff.  ;) ...esp. since several sources have said "it would be minimal if any"...it's all good!

I occasionally make it to STL but lessor and lessor these days ;-( but the good part is that my program there is winding down ;-)  obtw I'm in MD, just in shitcago for the week...still give a hollar ..there are many of us who would host.

peace
jah
Taping, it's a team sport!
km140/150>M148>mme or msbm-1
...yes screwdriver impaired
modified akg 461/2/ck8
iH120...and a slew of dat decks ;-(

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.048 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com