Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: TELEFUNKEN Introduces M60 FET Microphone  (Read 31133 times)

Offline waltmon

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: TELEFUNKEN Introduces M60 FET Microphone
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2015, 08:40:26 AM »
I made some great fob recordings with my 184's for sure...esp outdoors...
KM140's, KM150's, U89's, Mixpre-10T II, 788T, F3

CA-14 > UBB > Tascam DR-2D

1 pound non-sequential $50.00 bills

Offline Chomps

• Trade Count: (18)
« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2015, 08:49:55 AM »
2 bodies 3 capsule choices shocks and cables cost less than new 184's and smoke them. Great deals on these now.

Well I got the pair used for $800, so the master set is still twice as much, but I get what you're saying.  I guess it came down to I've always really like the sound of the 184's, to my ears they most closely represent what it sounded like at the show, so I was afraid that I'd buy the M60's and still want a set of 184's.  Maybe with next years tax refund I'll do the master set, but I'm just getting back into taping after 15 years and I'm trying to not go overboard.

For that price I would have also went with the 184's. I myself want a pair but now have MG bodies/actives and the M60's I don't know when I would use them.
Microtech Gefell m200/M20/M21/nBob Actives>PFA
Microtech Gefell m950
AKG 414 XLII
Telefunken M60/M61/M62
AT853
SD MP 10ii//Edirol R-44/Sony M10

Offline Chomps

• Trade Count: (18)
« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2015, 08:19:19 AM »
http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=578662

Another M60 source for you all. I ran the Hypers again since they were on the bodies and I ran out of the house to make the show.
Will try and use the CARDS next time out if the situation calls for it.

Keith
Microtech Gefell m200/M20/M21/nBob Actives>PFA
Microtech Gefell m950
AKG 414 XLII
Telefunken M60/M61/M62
AT853
SD MP 10ii//Edirol R-44/Sony M10

Offline Ukiah Bass

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
    • The Stormy Weathermen
« Reply #48 on: December 12, 2015, 02:22:19 PM »
Decided to give the M60 a go and ordered a stereo pair.  Main use w/b drum overheads, some acoustic guitar, and interested in trying on cajon.

For those of you who've used the M60, any advice to share that might be an out-of-the-ordinary discovery?

Offline OhioHead

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2015, 12:44:38 PM »
I really like the hyper caps in my set, I use them more often than not. I find them closer to a super card than hyper, they are very full sounding yet do a great job of rejecting the junk in the room. It's my go to cap in the rooms I tape in unless I'm on stage. I imagine the fet set up will be the same since it's the same cap with the fet body vs the Tubes. Hope you get yours soon so you can share your thoughts.

Yup i use the hyper caps about 90% of the time with my 260's indoor, outdoor..whatever.

Serious question would you use your hyper cards only 15 or 20 feet from the PA?

I snagged FICKE's 260's, run them 2x's have not tried the other cap's......looking for feedback.

Offline carlbeck

• Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #50 on: December 16, 2015, 12:57:06 PM »
Depending on the room I would definitely use my hyper's at that distance. I prefer the hyper's because I rarely tape outdoors or in nice sounding rooms. Distance to the PA isn't as much of a factor to me where the shape of the room, the location of my mics relative to the sound source & chatty audience's is.
I know you like, tape for people's approval and stuff, and wave your tapes around like they're your dick...  but even you can't actually think section tapes from philips sound good.  

Mics: Telefunken Elam 260, 61, 62, MBHO KA200, KA500 > Niant PFA's, AKG C34L-MS
Preamps: Grace Lunatec V2, Shure FP24
Decks: Tascam DR-2d, Zoom F8

Old rig: Recording: AKG C34 & AKG CK1X or CK2X > MK46 > 460 > Aeta Mix2000 > Sound Devices 702

Playback: Thorens TD125, Denon DVD-2900> Bel Canto DAC-1 > Audible Illusions 3B > Rogue Atlas >ZU Wax Shotgun> Hyperion 938
ALL TUBES BABY!!!

Offline jazzgtrl4

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #51 on: December 16, 2015, 02:10:06 PM »
I really like the hyper caps in my set, I use them more often than not. I find them closer to a super card than hyper, they are very full sounding yet do a great job of rejecting the junk in the room. It's my go to cap in the rooms I tape in unless I'm on stage. I imagine the fet set up will be the same since it's the same cap with the fet body vs the Tubes. Hope you get yours soon so you can share your thoughts.

Yup i use the hyper caps about 90% of the time with my 260's indoor, outdoor..whatever.

Serious question would you use your hyper cards only 15 or 20 feet from the PA?

I snagged FICKE's 260's, run them 2x's have not tried the other cap's......looking for feedback.

Yup id run them that close.  Just ran them at the El Rey here in LA with the hypers.  The room is kinda of long rectangle.  Came out great..

http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=583812

Offline OhioHead

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #52 on: December 16, 2015, 09:14:15 PM »
Depending on the room I would definitely use my hyper's at that distance. I prefer the hyper's because I rarely tape outdoors or in nice sounding rooms. Distance to the PA isn't as much of a factor to me where the shape of the room, the location of my mics relative to the sound source & chatty audience's is.

^ thank you most of my rooms r odd shaped & not the best location to tape from, I try the hypers next outing!

Do I "lose" reproducing the low end vs. cards and do you all use windscreens indoors to reduce ambient (talking) noise?

Offline Jhurlbs81

• Trade Count: (20)
    • My LMA collection
« Reply #53 on: December 17, 2015, 07:54:19 AM »
I good supercardioid, like the ones you use, should still have plenty of clean low end.  The supercardioid tends to pick up less room reverberation, so cardioids are more "full" sounding, but that can be a good or bad thing depending on the room.  Windscreens are needed to prevent wind noise/ HVAC, they will not help filter out the talkers.
FREE JERRYFREAK!

Offline OhioHead

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #54 on: December 21, 2015, 09:22:06 AM »
I good supercardioid, like the ones you use, should still have plenty of clean low end.  The supercardioid tends to pick up less room reverberation, so cardioids are more "full" sounding, but that can be a good or bad thing depending on the room.  Windscreens are needed to prevent wind noise/ HVAC, they will not help filter out the talkers.

^ thx u! will use "supers" for GSBG in January!

Offline Ukiah Bass

• Taperssection Newbie
    • The Stormy Weathermen
« Reply #55 on: January 14, 2016, 09:09:20 PM »
Just completed my first project with a matched pair of M60s:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuwLlkqJzco&feature=youtu.be

Offline OhioHead

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #56 on: January 16, 2016, 12:40:45 PM »

^ thx u! will use "supers" for GSBG in January!

Not taping GSBG tonight, waited too long to find a sitter so I have my Hooligans.......

Just found out I am travelling 4 work on 2/21 so no WSP in Indy......hypers "maybe" for Anders in Cbus in early March + Cincy.......

Offline Cheesecadet

• Trade Count: (21)
  • http://db.etree.org/cheesecadet
« Reply #57 on: January 16, 2016, 08:27:59 PM »
AKG 481's, DPA 4061's (Matched), AT ES933's w/ AT853-ELE's (SC/C/O), ECM-19B's, MixPre-3, A10, M10 x 2, Hi Ho Silvers, Various Darktrain & GAKables

Vinyl:
Fluance RT83 Reference > MCS 3230 Receiver > Realistic MC-500's (NOS)

Upcoming:
02/10 J. Dilla
02/14 Wiliie Waldman & The Chocolate Factory
02/15 Gabe & Giz
02/16 GM5
02/28 Grace Potter

Offline opsopcopolis

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #58 on: July 27, 2016, 12:46:55 PM »
About to pick up a pair of these for $775. Pretty excited. Just card sadly, but I'll grab the other caps over the next few months

Offline BonoBeats

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
    • My Band- Funk Pocket
« Reply #59 on: July 27, 2016, 01:38:49 PM »
Ran my set for the first time this past weekend for Motet/MMW/Vulfpeck at Red Rocks. Will have to wait until I get back to NOLA to post these, but listening back to them, they sound as good as expected.

(oh, and scored a Masters Stereo set on Reverb.com for under $1,100- it was an open demo from Sweetwater, used for their YouTube videos about a dozen times).
Now You See Me Telefunken M60 Masters/ADK Cremona 251>MixPre6
Now You Don't    Naiant XX or MS-TFB-2-MKII>SP-SB10>Roland R05

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.663 seconds with 44 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com