Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Splitting optical signals?  (Read 2370 times)

Offline Patrick

• Evil Urges, Baby.
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
Splitting optical signals?
« on: June 07, 2012, 12:22:39 PM »
I am setting up another "zone" for my playback system and I need to find a way to split the optical output of my appletv.

My options are:

1. Passively splitting the optical output of the appletv and feeding my two zones.
2. Finding an optical DAC thet has an optical "through" jack.  Not even sure this exists

Any one have recommendations on something thet would work in this situation?
Monitor Engineer: Band of Horses, Cage the Elephant, Bruce Hornsby, The Head and the Heart, Josh Ritter

Live Music Archive Bookmarks

Offline Jimna

• Zappa for President
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Audio DeutchKraft & Busman Audio
    • F.M.Record Company
Re: Splitting optical signals?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 12:34:17 PM »
i have bad luck with optical splitters in the past.
Co-Founder of F.M.Recording 
SD: Busman Audio BSC1-K1/K2/K3/K4 > Grace Lunatec V3 > Busman Hybrid R4
LD: ADK A-51TL MP > Busman Hybrid R4
+ 48 Channel Multi-track rig

Canon 5D Mark II, Canon 2x Extender Mark III, Canon 15mm f2.8, Canon 85mm f/1.8 USM, Canon 100mm Macro f2.8, Canon 16-35mm L f2.8, Canon 24-70mm L f/2.8, Canon 70-200mm L f2.8 IS, Canon ST-E2, Canon 580ex II (x2), Canon 430ex II, PocketWizard PLUS II(x4), Radiopopper PX System

http://jmimna.com/

Information is not knowledge
Knowledge is not wisdom
Wisdom is not truth
Truth is not beauty
Beauty is not love
Love is not music
Music is THE BEST
-FZ

Offline keytohwy

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 09:23:46 PM »
I am setting up another "zone" for my playback system and I need to find a way to split the optical output of my appletv.

My options are:

1. Passively splitting the optical output of the appletv and feeding my two zones.
2. Finding an optical DAC thet has an optical "through" jack.  Not even sure this exists

I may have some ideas, but can you tell me a little more about what you are trying to accomplish?

Offline Patrick

• Evil Urges, Baby.
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 11:08:38 PM »

My options are:

I may have some ideas, but can you tell me a little more about what you are trying to accomplish?

Need to feed an analog signal to another zone in my house, aka a "tape out" that would be sent to the kitchen playback area.  The tape out doesn't decode digital signals so I was trying to figure a way to split the apple tv's output.  I think I figured out a solution of getting the analog audio from the hdmi output.  Kind of a pain but it works.

Monitor Engineer: Band of Horses, Cage the Elephant, Bruce Hornsby, The Head and the Heart, Josh Ritter

Live Music Archive Bookmarks

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.07 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com