Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Sony M10 will not see the micro sd card  (Read 4951 times)

Offline AlphaDoug

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Sony M10 will not see the micro sd card
« on: March 06, 2015, 06:20:56 PM »
I have a Sony M10 that has not been used much.  As a matter of fact, it's sat in a box on my shelf for the last 3 years or so.  So I just decided to start using it as an external microphone for my DSLR, and everything works (with new batteries) except that it reports that there is no memory card when I select the "memory" choice from the menu.  I have tried 3 different cards, all SDHC, 2 8 gb and one 16 gb.  When I put these cards in an SD card adapter and plug them into my MacBook Pro, it sees the card just fine, and even sees files recorded the last time I used the M10.  But when I put the card back into the M10, it cannot see the card.  I also plugged the M10 directly into the USB port, and the computer sees the built in memory just fine, but not the card.  I'm going to buy and try an M2 card, but I think I'll have the same problem.  I have inserted, removed and re-inserted many times, and no joy.  Any ideas?

Offline beatkilla

• Trade Count: (70)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Sony M10 will not see the micro sd card
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2015, 06:43:37 PM »
Sd card inserts in different direction than the sony memory stick.You probably have it backwards.

Offline AlphaDoug

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2015, 07:06:30 PM »
Showing great embarrassment!  I thought I had actually tried this, but apparently I had not.  Card shows up fine now.  On another note, I am planning to plug the earphone output from the M10 into the microphone input on my Sony A77.  Doing this on the belief that the "line out" would be too strong for the input.  Is this the right strategy, or should I find a passive attenuator?

Thanks.

Offline willndmb

• Trade Count: (17)
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2015, 07:45:16 PM »
Showing great embarrassment!  I thought I had actually tried this, but apparently I had not.  Card shows up fine now.  On another note, I am planning to plug the earphone output from the M10 into the microphone input on my Sony A77.  Doing this on the belief that the "line out" would be too strong for the input.  Is this the right strategy, or should I find a passive attenuator?

Thanks.
i suggest an attenuator
I tried the headphone out into a mic in on my camcorder and it was a bust, line out via attenuator worked perfect
Mics - AKG ck61/ck63 (c480b & Naiant actives), SP-BMC-2
XLR Cables - Silver Path w/Darktrain stubbies
Interconnect Cables - Dogstar (XLR), Darktrain (RCA > 1/8) (1/8 > 1/8), and Kind Kables (1/8f > 1/4)
Preamps - Naiant Littlebox & Tinybox
Recorders - PCM-M10 & DR-60D

Offline AlphaDoug

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2015, 10:52:30 PM »
Thanks.  Any suggestions on a particular attenuator, or a place to look for one?  Not real good at building stuff like this myself.

Online tim in jersey

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2015, 01:06:39 AM »
Showing great embarrassment!  I thought I had actually tried this, but apparently I had not.  Card shows up fine now.

Common mistake. The alignment of the card sort of defies logic, IMHO. But when in doubt, there's a little (and I do mean little) schematic just inside the cover of the card port... Easily overlooked.

I usually load the card at home in good light and verify the recorder is seeing the card before I head out to the gig...

Offline willndmb

• Trade Count: (17)
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2015, 07:56:34 AM »
Thanks.  Any suggestions on a particular attenuator, or a place to look for one?  Not real good at building stuff like this myself.
i have a -20db from microphone madness

Bh sells some too, they actually have some designed to work with specific recorders based on the signal output. Not sure it matters or if it's a marketing tech
Mics - AKG ck61/ck63 (c480b & Naiant actives), SP-BMC-2
XLR Cables - Silver Path w/Darktrain stubbies
Interconnect Cables - Dogstar (XLR), Darktrain (RCA > 1/8) (1/8 > 1/8), and Kind Kables (1/8f > 1/4)
Preamps - Naiant Littlebox & Tinybox
Recorders - PCM-M10 & DR-60D

Offline morst

• I think I found an error on the internet; #UnionStrong
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2015, 02:45:31 PM »
On another note, I am planning to plug the earphone output from the M10 into the microphone input on my Sony A77.  Doing this on the belief that the "line out" would be too strong for the input.  Is this the right strategy, or should I find a passive attenuator?
The Line Out can be changed in the settings to a variable "headphone out" so perhaps it will go low enough to not overload the A77's mic input?

MENU > DETAIL MENU > AUDIO OUT > "Headphones"

This will enable the volume + and - buttons on the left side of the unit to control the level you are sending out the line output jack.

Hope this helps! Note that a headphone output setting above 21 or so can overload cheap gear like my FM transmitter for my car radio...
https://toad.social/@morst spoutible.com/morst post.news/@acffhmorst

adrianf74

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2015, 04:08:25 PM »
On another note, I am planning to plug the earphone output from the M10 into the microphone input on my Sony A77.  Doing this on the belief that the "line out" would be too strong for the input.  Is this the right strategy, or should I find a passive attenuator?
The Line Out can be changed in the settings to a variable "headphone out" so perhaps it will go low enough to not overload the A77's mic input?

MENU > DETAIL MENU > AUDIO OUT > "Headphones"

This will enable the volume + and - buttons on the left side of the unit to control the level you are sending out the line output jack.

Hope this helps! Note that a headphone output setting above 21 or so can overload cheap gear like my FM transmitter for my car radio...

What morst said.  This is another invaluable feature that's hidden.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.061 seconds with 37 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com