Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Re: Korg MR-1000 Hard Drive replacement  (Read 4325 times)

Offline bobsyouruncle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Re: Korg MR-1000 Hard Drive replacement
« on: July 23, 2015, 06:38:16 AM »
Hello:

I am hoping that someone can help me. I have a Korg MR-1000 recorder and use it because of its DSD capability. I really like the unit. Unfortunately, the hard drive (40GB) needs to be replaced. I took it to a Korg authorized repair shop and had a 80 GB hard drive installed. It does not function properly in DSD mode. The Tech feels the software cannot read onto the 80 GB drive properly in DSD mode. He is trying to source a new 40 GB drive. Apparently, Korg no longer supports the unit. There are old posts about a 120 GB upgrade. What specific manufacturer and model number of hard drives have people successfully used as replacements? Has anyone successfully used Compact Flash or other cards instead of a hard drive? Again, specific products and any required cabling etc.. mods? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Offline beatkilla

• Trade Count: (70)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2015, 01:49:53 PM »
I copied this text from an old ebay auction,so ask BUSMAN who is a member here if he can help you out.

This MR-1000 has just returned from Busman Audio with a complete checkup/inspection and installation of a new Toshiba MK1634GAL 160GB HDD.

The Toshiba MK1634GAL 160GB HDD was an ideal candidate for this upgrade due to it's rock solid dependability.  Apple uses this exact same HDD in the 7th Gen. MacBook Air.

This MR-1000 has the latest firmware version 1.6.1 (The MR-1000's firmware only recognizes 99.9GB of the Toshiba's 160GB of available recording space. Perhaps future firmware updates from KORG will address this issue).

Offline beatkilla

• Trade Count: (70)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2015, 01:51:02 PM »
And please post back here with any updates as i also use a Korg MR1000.

Offline jb63

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (31)
  • Taperssection Member
  • if not now when?
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2015, 10:36:57 PM »
I own the one described above and I've never found a hard drive that would recognize more than the 99.
I tried 2 others, but can't remember what they were offhand. I think it's not the firmware but the operating system.

If you need me to look at exactly what's in there or photos let me know.
once again, lost in all the noise

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.08 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com